Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • November2
    • By November2 12th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 716Posts
    • 201Thanks
    November2
    Help repairing COD headphones
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    Help repairing COD headphones 12th Oct 17 at 10:54 AM
    After being dropped the earpiece has come away from the headstrap on a pair of very expensive COD headphones! Still attached by wiring and still working. It's basically just a metal screw end that fits through a hole in the strap but tried everything and it will not go back through the hole as of course the screw is too big. Tried a PC repair shop but they said they couldn't figure out how to fix it! Any help appreciated.
Page 1
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 12th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 1,488 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    Have you definitely got the right screw? Surely it must fit back in if it was in there before!

The exact model of headphones would be useful too in case someone on this forum has the same one and then might be able to help - otherwise it's pretty difficult to offer advice on this type of thing over a forum.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • November2
    • By November2 12th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    November2
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    Hi, they are Turtle Beach Call Of Duty Black Ops headphones. It isn't a screw that 'screws' back in, the screw is fixed in the earpiece and it is the large end of the screw that was in the hole in the headstrap. The impact of the drop has forced the end of the screw to come out of the hole thus detaching the earpiece from the headstrap. I've tried everything to force it back into the hole but its just too big.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 12th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 619 Posts
    • 507 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    I've tried everything to force it back into the hole but its just too big.
    Originally posted by November2
    That does not seem a good plan!

Have you tried screwing irt back in. I would expect it to be self taping and thus too large to force back in.

If it's the wrong way round you probably need to remove something to access the head.
    • November2
    • By November2 13th Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    November2
    • 13th Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    Hi, it can't be screwed back in as it's the other end of the screw that has come out of the hole, ie the screw head. The earpieces on a pair of headphones are moveable and it pivots on this screw. The hole is situated in a large piece of plastic but I can't see how this can be removed without snapping it. Does anyone know if I can force it off without it snapping?
    • Chickabiddybex
    • By Chickabiddybex 13th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 1,204 Posts
    • 1,488 Thanks
    Chickabiddybex
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    Can you show us a picture of what you mean?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • mrlee
    • By mrlee 13th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mrlee
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:26 PM
    Does it have a recess for a screwdriver or is it actually some form of rivet that has pulled through the headband?

lee
    • November2
    • By November2 16th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    November2
    • 16th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    • 16th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    Hi, it's a screw with a cross end. As far as I can work out the manufacturer must push the screw outwards through the end of headband, there is a piece of plastic with a hole in the middle, this then screws into the earpiece. The cross end of the screw has come out the hole so the earpiece is now only fastened to the headband by its wires. The cross end should of course be too big to come through the hole but the impact of hitting the floor must've pushed it through somehow. The only way I can see how to reattach the earpiece is to remove the plastic piece from the headband, undo the screw completely from the earpiece and push it back through the plastic, then reattaching the earpiece. Problem is I don't know how to remove the plastic piece, I've tried slightly pushing it up with a screwdriver but I'm afraid it will crack in two as it doesn't seem to give at all. PC shop guy wouldn't even try it. Will try to sort out a picture. (thanks for all replies by the way)
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 32,514 Posts
    • 27,260 Thanks
    custardy
    • 16th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 16th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    Hi, it's a screw with a cross end. As far as I can work out the manufacturer must push the screw outwards through the end of headband, there is a piece of plastic with a hole in the middle, this then screws into the earpiece. The cross end of the screw has come out the hole so the earpiece is now only fastened to the headband by its wires. The cross end should of course be too big to come through the hole but the impact of hitting the floor must've pushed it through somehow. The only way I can see how to reattach the earpiece is to remove the plastic piece from the headband, undo the screw completely from the earpiece and push it back through the plastic, then reattaching the earpiece. Problem is I don't know how to remove the plastic piece, I've tried slightly pushing it up with a screwdriver but I'm afraid it will crack in two as it doesn't seem to give at all. PC shop guy wouldn't even try it. Will try to sort out a picture. (thanks for all replies by the way)
    Originally posted by November2
    Stop writing descriptions and give us pictures.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,792Posts Today

9,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin