Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mode500
    • By mode500 12th Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mode500
    Concert Tickets
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    Concert Tickets 12th Oct 17 at 10:19 AM
    Hi all, I am wondering if someone would be willing to help with my consumers rights on this issue.

Yesterday I purchased some priority pre-sale tickets for a concert in Feburary next year from gigsandtours.com which went on sale at 10am. I was on the site at the the opening time and upon choosing my seat allocations the site kept on telling me that the seats weren't available (I was mainly trying to either get tickets for the stalls or circle) in the end the only seats that I was able to purchase were for the balcony, not exactly what I had planned for. My payment was accepted and completed by 10:02 am.

On the artists Facebook page I have found that there was a problem with the ticket site upon the release of the tickets which wasn't corrected until 10.08am and that is the reason why I was unable to choose the where I wanted to sit. (I admit though that this information was just from another member of the public and not from any official source.)

That being said there was a lot of people on the artists FB page complaining that the concerts priority tickets had been sold out by 10.01am yet many found themselves being able to get tickets 5-10 minutes later, which tells me that there was a problem with the release of tickets.

Anyway I have contacted gigsandtours.com on their live chat but they claim no responsibility and are refusing to re-alocate me, claiming that they do not have any more tickets. The rest of the tickets actually don't go on general release until Friday at 10am.

Any ideas and advice on what I should do next in order to get my preferred seating?

Thank you
Page 1
    • SuperHan
    • By SuperHan 12th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 1,994 Posts
    • 1,161 Thanks
    SuperHan
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 1:54 PM
    Your best bet is probably to buy the right tickets on general sale, and if the concert sells out (it sounds like it will) sell your unwanted tickets on via GetMeIn or similar.
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 12th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 3,448 Posts
    • 5,891 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:43 PM
    The most likely reason for tickets not appearing at 10:01 but showing again later is that people had gone on and added loads to their baskets while they decided what to buy then after they have timed out they show as available again, these sites usually have a countdown timer letting you know how long the tickets are held for
    • SouthUKMan
    • By SouthUKMan 12th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 371 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    SouthUKMan
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:43 PM
    Sorry to say this, but from my understanding you aren't entitled to exchange the tickets or to get your money back. So long as the company fulfills its obligation to you and issues the tickets, then the contract has been fulfilled. You had a choice to purchase the tickets, or not to purchase them. The fact that your ideal tickets weren't available to you at that precise time - regardless of the reason - is simply unfortunate.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,929Posts Today

7,161Users online

Martin's Twitter