Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Conrad
    • By Conrad 12th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    • 31,762Posts
    • 55,786Thanks
    Conrad
    The 6 month rule - mortgage criteria
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:15 AM
    The 6 month rule - mortgage criteria 12th Oct 17 at 10:15 AM
    Hello all,

where a property owned less than 6 months is being sold-on (all perfectly legit) by an individual (small time 'developer', just a basic renovation), which lenders other than Nationwide and Virgin will consider this?

I realise brokers do not like giving out lender names, but would very much value knowing if there are other lenders and who they are.

This would include both resi and buy to let options

I am told there are no other lenders.

Many thanks
    Will European citizens take kindly to bloated Brussels elites harming their livelihoods with barriers to their UK trade? 9% of Dutch exports come to the UK....
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 12th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 15,502 Posts
    • 7,852 Thanks
    ACG
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    There are a few.
    My step brother does property renovations and sells them on, I put a list together for him, albeit a while ago so it may need some updating.

I can not give you that list but there more than 2 lenders. Some lenders say they will not do it, but actually will with a valid reason.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,254Posts Today

8,901Users online

Martin's Twitter