Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 12th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 28Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Lioness786
    Lost IAS appeal
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    Lost IAS appeal 12th Oct 17 at 9:45 AM
    Moring all,

I have received a letter form a Parking company where a few months back we parked on private land (Signs were all visible), to visit a business that trades but does not own the land outside.

Whilst I was inside my partner and children waited outside and got them ready for me to take on my next job (set pram up etc) with the aim of moving the car elsewhere once I had finished and I would take the kids. We were issued an invoice as the operator thinks the only reason I visited the establishment was to avoid the PCN once we had parked there. Also the car was not parked within the box, and the signs state that parking is for members only, no parking etc. I have spoken to the business and they are refusing to help, despite my name and car reg number being logged on the sign-in sheet.

I wrote to IAS, and lost but detailed the events, why we parked there, why kids were taken out of car,etc etc and disclosed the driver (I did not dispute the signs, but I did explain the reason why we parked there was to visit the establishment, despite it stating parking is only for members).

My question is should I ignore as its a standard letter at the moment from the parking company or should I write a response? If the latter, I am presuming I cannot dispute the signs as we did see them, but thought it would be ok to park there so what should my defence be?

I have looked in the newbies thread, and there is a 'no evidence of landowner authority' template. Is this the best one in this circumstance?

Sorry for the long winded letter, just want to make sure the facts are clear so I know of the next best step!

Many thanks in advance for your help
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 10:03 AM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,011 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:03 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:03 AM
    personally, I would IGNORE anything EXCEPT an LBC or an MCOL

the PPC have 6 years to issue an MCOL

you can write to the landowner or M.A. and ask them to cancel the pcn

until a judge says you owe the money, you dont owe a penny

its either pay up or sit back and wait for the long haul to kick in , so its either fight or flight

there is no middle option apart from a landowner cancellation

the NEWBIES thread does tell you this, but I have condensed it for you into simpler terms

pay or fight , your choice , but you have very limited options and the ball is in their court

the recent protocol changes on 01 oct 2017 means its harder for them to bring it to court, because they should follow the new LBC stages and also provide more info if they file an MCOL
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 6,467 Posts
    • 8,286 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:27 AM
    As Redx says above.

You will see on here that the IAS is a scam but no big deal,
    Those PPC 's who use the IAS rubbish service are in reality
    financial terrorists

No doubt you will receive debt collector letters from
    other stupid financial terrorists which are so stupid
    that you ignore them, JUNK MAIL

Just wair now to see what the PPC does as with the new
    laws they will struggle especially with their incompetent
    solicitors
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Lioness786
    • By Lioness786 12th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Lioness786
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    Ok thankyou, and thankyou for condensing!

I have already spoke with the business when we first received the invoice and they basically told me I need to sort it out myself.

I have looked at the stats on BMP insights and so far the parking company have taken very few people to court (hopefully we wont be the next ones)!

I will come back in the event we do receive a LBC as although I know there are templates in the newbies thread, I am not sure which we would use as we knowingly parked there.

Thanks again, its much appreciated!
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 12th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 2,917 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    "I have already spoke with the business when we first received the invoice and they basically told me I need to sort it out myself."

I would suggest that you re visit the company and ask them for a 'named person' who will/may be called to give evidence should this proceed to court .........

It has been noted that this can focus companies minds

Ralph
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 33,509 Posts
    • 17,386 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    OP you keep asking same questions in different threads (4 recently started)

Keep everything in the one thread, assuming they refer to same PCN

eg http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5717240g
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,130Posts Today

6,683Users online

Martin's Twitter