Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MinnieM123
    • By MinnieM123 12th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MinnieM123
    Arvato Financial Solutions Limited
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    Arvato Financial Solutions Limited 12th Oct 17 at 9:37 AM
    Hi All,

I have recently been going back and forth with Arvato Financial Solutions Limited with regards to a default on my account.

2 years ago H&M passed my account to AFSL as I had an outstanding balance of £70, which I had no idea about. I never received any letters or phone calls from H&M to say I owed them any money. Once I received a letter from AFSL, I paid the full balance straight away.

AFSL have refused to remove the default from my account despite making them aware that H&M never contacted me.

How do i go about getting this removed as I am getting nowhere with AFSL?
Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 12th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    • 1,103 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:51 AM
    As you've paid it, there's little reason that the default could be removed by the DCA.

What grounds do you have that the default should be removed? You can always ask H&M themselves, then the ICO, but the T&Cs of most credit accounts cover defaults well enough. A non received default notice can be remedied by sending one, and if you defaulted on your account via non payment, for any amount, the marker is valid anyway.

Edit: Ignorance of debt is no excuse, legally speaking, so long as the debt is provable.
  • National Debtline
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    Hi MinnieM123 and welcome to MSE,

Unfortunately, only incorrect data can be removed from your credit file. The fact that you have paid means you don't dispute the debt was owed so the default is unlikely to be removed. You can complain to H & M, explain the situation, and ask them to remove the default but this will be up to them.

You can make it clear that you didn't receive any notice of the debt on the account, but if they can show they sent information to the correct address, it is not possible to show you didn't receive something. The default sent in the post is done under a different requirement to the one on your credit file. The one on your credit file is added when the creditor feels the 'relationship has broken down'.

The older the information is on your credit file the less impact it should have on your overall credit rating. So, even if you can't get this removed, it should have less impact over time.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 12,201 Posts
    • 11,657 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    Hi All,

I have recently been going back and forth with Arvato Financial Solutions Limited with regards to a default on my account.

Once I received a letter from AFSL, I paid the full balance straight away.
    Originally posted by MinnieM123
    And by so doing, lost any leverage you might of had to get said default removed.

The time to negotiate removal would of been prior to any payment been made, there will be no incentive or will, now to do anything.

Unfortunately that ship sailed when you paid them.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,796Posts Today

7,708Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin