Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • springboynick
    • By springboynick 12th Oct 17, 12:13 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    springboynick
    Nsmed Driver claims over to new own policy
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:13 AM
    Nsmed Driver claims over to new own policy 12th Oct 17 at 12:13 AM
    Good evening all,

Apologies if this is a regular question. My wife has been on my insurance as a named driver for a number of years and has had 2 accidents, which my insurance has paid out and my renewals have suffered accordingly. She is looking at starting her own new insurance, does she have to declare those claims as her own as incidents or as they were uner my insurance and liability, did the buck stop with me? I cant seem to get a straight answer from anyone I ask
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 12th Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    • 4,020 Posts
    • 2,499 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    when she is answered, has she had any accidents in the last x years?

She should answer honestly and declare them, or risk insurance cancelation and inability to get any kind of insurance. She would have to rightly pay for more expensive insurance due to her own risk profile.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 33,605 Posts
    • 17,504 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    Straight answer is yes they are hers to declare

(Also if she is no longer named on your policy, you must also declare them when applying for cover)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

495Posts Today

3,675Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin