Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Melanie Campbell
    • By Melanie Campbell 11th Oct 17, 11:38 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Melanie Campbell
    Selling my house small profit going to ex family
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:38 PM
    Selling my house small profit going to ex family 11th Oct 17 at 11:38 PM
    Long story short.
    I've owned a house for about 15 years 14 of them I've paid the mortgage and my ex husband refused. I moved out rented for a shirt time but the trashed my hone so I had to do it up at a very expensive cost. Well over £6000 again I paid. Put the house up for sale and my ex verbally agreed to let me take all profit (Very little) from the sale. But unfortunately he passed away 2 weeks ago in the middle of my sale and I've been informed that we has a mortgage under tenants in common? Meaning his share goes to his family to manage for his 2 children. His children live with me but are not old enough to do anything so his sister gets to hold it? Like that won't disappear. But he's never paid a penny on the house ever and the tiny profit of about £8000 is only to pay back what I spent to do it up and now I fear I will lose that. Any help on what I can do? Please xxxx
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 11th Oct 17, 11:54 PM
    • 36,180 Posts
    • 152,903 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:54 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:54 PM
    You should see a solicitor.

If his children inherit, the money should be put in trust for them to receive as adults. You could possibly make a claim on behalf of his children for the equivalent of maintenance that he would have paid if alive.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

1,881Users online

Martin's Twitter