Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lomax512
    • By lomax512 11th Oct 17, 10:31 PM
    • 46Posts
    • 37Thanks
    lomax512
    New Phone Alternative
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:31 PM
    New Phone Alternative 11th Oct 17 at 10:31 PM
    Hi

Anyone got any ideas to an alternative to the mainstream Android phones made by the bigger companies like Samsung, LG, HTC etc, I know there are other companies out there but I am not familiar with the names of these companies and the phones they make.

I have a Galaxy A5 2016 and it has just developed a fault where it will lose 40% of the charge by doing nothing, I think it's because the fast charging ability heated the phone so much so fast it has broken some of the circuitry and now the phone is constantly looking for WiFi as the WiFi turns on and off by itself because of the fault, well that's my guess anyway, I am going to take it back to Tesco to get it fixed or replaced as there customer service has been very good in the past, and Samsung are useless when it comes to CS.

So yeah looking for an alternative, any ideas?

Cheers
Page 1
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 11th Oct 17, 10:50 PM
    • 2,300 Posts
    • 1,506 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:50 PM
    Huawei - hugely popular, One Plus - always get good reviews/value for money
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Oct 17, 10:50 PM
    • 30,425 Posts
    • 19,233 Thanks
    DCFC79
    It depends where you want to buy from ?

For example the Xiaomi brand I believe is available from Aliexpress.

Theres Huawei too.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,809Posts Today

6,055Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin