Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ineedtoknow07
    • By Ineedtoknow07 11th Oct 17, 9:19 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ineedtoknow07
    ESA Urgent help needed
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:19 PM
    ESA Urgent help needed 11th Oct 17 at 9:19 PM
    Hi

I need some advice for my self.
    I am currently on ESA contribution based, support group.

I had a medical assessment yesterday which I called to rearrange following a serious accident two weeks ago, but as I had already moved it once due to it falling on a date at the hospital, they said I would just have to "miss it" and they'd inform DWP.

They said I would be sent a form within 5 days to give reasons why, and I have the evidence from hospital confirming my accident.

Will I still get my next payment pending a DM making a decision if my reason was good cause not to show?

Also, finally how long will I have to return this form?
    As I will need help to fill it in.

Page 1
    • epitome
    • By epitome 11th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 2,889 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    epitome
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    You will continue to get all "next payments" up to the point at which a decision maker decides to close your claim. When that will be, is anyones guess. Your claim could be closed on Tuesday or it could be closed 10 - 14 days from now.

I advise you to phone ESA, to give your reasons over the phone, and request that your reasons are sent in a handover to the ESA BC, if you have to, you should insist that this is done, if for example they tell you any excuse that they will not do it for you in a handover.....if you insist... they are not allowed to refuse your request. You should also request that your handover is sent as a request for a call back, so you will be called back to confirm that the handover was indeed sent and your reasons have been received and will be forwarded to the Decision Maker.

When you are calling to request the handover is sent...you should also ask for a Jobcentre appointment for scanning documents.... You go to your jobcentre appointment and have your hospital admission records scanned as evidence for your "fail to attend medical"....giving the reasons again in a letter from you to also be scanned by handover......really, if you get an appointment early enough then you can do it all at the jobcentre, no need for the handover to be sent when you phone ESA. But it is up to you if you want to do both handovers..

Bear in mind, you will have to show why it was not possible to attend your medical assessment yesterday, showing evidence of a hospital admission 2 weeks ago, may not be sufficient.

The DWP may ask, why can you go to a hospital appointment but not go to a medical assessment?

If you really cannot attend then you should ask your doctor to give you a supporting letter to say that the doctor agrees that you cannot go to a medical assessment centre for an appointment -giving reasons why the doctor thinks this- and must reasonably be assessed at your home.
    Last edited by epitome; 12-10-2017 at 1:30 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,796Posts Today

7,708Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin