Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • duckste
    • By duckste 11th Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    duckste
    Pcn/ntk
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    Pcn/ntk 11th Oct 17 at 8:58 PM
    Hi

Apologies again as trying to read previous threads to understand what to next if anyone has some sound advice.

I've just been notified of a parking fine from MyParkingCharge.co.uk and have issued £100 charge. I had been picking up a disabled relative with a small child in the car from an airport and held up at passport control so circled around numerous times passing the pick up point.
    Drove further onto a deserted pub car park late at night and didn't notice any signs to pay and display so waited in a safe place with lights on and engine running.
    I've now had a PCN/NTK letter from the leasing company to advise my 21 minute stay is worthy of a £100 fine. Logged into their site and displays £60 instead of £100 but when proceeding with an appeal gives me "Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."

Anyone give me advice on the company as seems a legit letter and wouldn't want the fine increasing

Thanks for any advice
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,066 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    tell the leasing company to name the hirer to the PPC as detailed in the BVRLA guidance from a few years ago. that way they remove themselves from POFA2012 liability

also tell them this is neither a "fine" nor a "penalty" , its a Parking Charge Notice, a PCN, commonly known as an INVOICE

when you get a PCN in your own name and address , you can then appeal it as HIRER/LESSEE/KEEPER according to the IPC advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread faq
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • duckste
    • By duckste 12th Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    duckste
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    Thanks Redx, really appreciate the information
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,209Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin