Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 11th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Orchard427
    UK Parking Ltd - Windsor
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:47 PM
    UK Parking Ltd - Windsor 11th Oct 17 at 8:47 PM
    Hi - wow forum this is a mine of information, I've had a look through the FAQ's for Newbies, which I certainly am.
    I got a PCN at the Castle Car Park in Windsor a few weeks ago, I returned just as the attendant was sticking the notice on which I thought odd as I had a valid ticket which has somehow flipped upside down, obviously 'Not displaying a valid ticket'. He was pleasant enough and said as I had a ticket to appeal.
    I appealed through PCN Parking Solutions, (which had a whole swath of photos of the car, signage etc and the upside down ticket), now don't laugh but first rookie error, I gave my name and address.
    Recently had a letter from them saying the appeal had failed and that having the ticket was not mitigation, but could appeal within 21days via IAS.
    So here's my question having committed my rookie error - should I go the IAS route and use your draft standard letter adapted for my situation, or should I go after the landowner or both.
    What chance of success?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,177 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    you can and should go down the landowner route

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread explains that the IAS is a waste of time and energy
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 14,983 Posts
    • 23,543 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    What chance of success?
    None via appeal to the IAS.

With the landowner? Who knows, you’ll have to let us know how it goes. We’ve had previous occasional reports about the 'affable’ parking attendant who fools everyone into believing that a simple appeal will sort this out.

Do a forum search on ‘Windsor Castle’ to read the other recent cases and draw some ideas from those. Otherwise, you’re in for the long run - up to 6 years.

UK Parking Ltd are mildly litigious, so you need to be prepared for any court claim by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2, which gives you the full works on dealing with any potential court case.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking.html
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 11th Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    Thanks for the views, previous replies have also said they are small time and will give up. I'll consider and let you know what happens. Other opinions welcome.
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 14th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    • 14th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    • 14th Oct 17, 6:30 PM
    Hi again, I've searched for hours on the webnet and not been able to find the owner of the car park, does anyone have those details please?
    I have found the details of UKP ltd owner and address of the 'plumber', (nice house in Essex :-) with his van outside), but I guess appealing direct to the PPC is a waste of time as they say I have reached the end of their appeals process, well they would.
    If I can't find the landowner should I just sit tight?
    Thx
    Fatladattheback
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,177 Thanks
    Redx
    • 14th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    • 14th Oct 17, 6:48 PM
    the LAND REGISTRY will tell you (for a fee)

otherwise , its sit it out , ignoring DCA letters and only respond to an LBC or an MCOL within 6 years
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 7,182 Posts
    • 6,236 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 14th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    Probably Brenda or The Crown Estate owns the car park.

Although the PPC and IAS think that this as a breach of contract which entitles them to liquidated damages of £100, judges rarely see it that way. Many/most take the view that it is a con, and, if the PPC takes it to court they usually end up £££s out of pocket.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 15th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    • 15th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    • 15th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    Breakthrough, maybe...
    Spent ages on Land Registy website, and reviewing FOI requests to the Council. The upshot being that the car park being named as, ‘Castle Car Park, River Street, Windsor SL4 1QT’ by UKPL, is actually the name of the council car park opposite, according to HM Land Registy and M+W council. UKPL have the address and postcode wrong, or they are being deliberately misleading. I assume the plumber has not done his homework.
    The Land Reg title and map were hard to track down as the address is not as above, but the land has been owned by City Securities (London) Ltd since the ‘60s. One of the directors is a MR MARK DAVID MOSSELSON, that name seems familiar from this or another forum.
    So if this is not mitigation then I don’t know what is. I feel like appealing now on IAS, writing to UKPL (no email), and telling the counci that someone is using their car park name. Or have I missed something as a rookie?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 15th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 14,983 Posts
    • 23,543 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 15th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 15th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    The purpose in seeking out the true landowner is to enable you to launch a complaint to them and get them to intervene and get the PPC to cancel the charge.

The IAS will likely sweep this away as ‘irrelevant, unproven and does not override your contractual position with the PPC’ (or some similar fob-off).

Try the Council - if you can get them interested, they could possibly make life difficult for the PPC, but it won’t get your PCN cancelled, I’m afraid.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 17th Oct 17, 11:25 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have now sent letters to;
    A. Mr Irons of UK Parking Ltd using your std template from sticky 2, plus adding a chunk from a thread on the signage not detailing any terms of contact, plus another piece I saw requiring planning permission for the sign (which they don't). Also the ticket has the wrong attendant and the wrong address. I also sent an e:mail copy to paymypcn.net for good measure.
    B. The land owner, a Mr Mosselson of City Securities Ltd, detailing the practices of his contractor plus potential breaches of planning and contract law.

FYI the correct address for this car park is Jennings Yard, River Street, although they call it 'Castle' car park which is actually the name for the council run one over the road.

We'll see what happens.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 18th Oct 17, 8:48 AM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 3,741 Thanks
    fisherjim
    I'm afraid you are p'ing in the wind complaining about this.

This is a honey trap and has been notorious for years, the owners don't care, it just makes them a lot of money.

It was a clampers paradise when that was allowed too, twelve cars were clamped on one day when the ticket machines weren't functioning, the police were called at the time but could do nothing.
    The other scam they get upto is having the time out of sync on the parking machines.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 18th Oct 17, 8:51 AM
    • 1,564 Posts
    • 2,887 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I'm afraid you are p'ing in the wind complaining about this.

This is a honey trap and has been notorious for years, the owners don't care, it just makes them a lot of money.

It was a clampers paradise when that was allowed too, twelve cars were clamped on one day when the ticket machines weren't functioning, the police were called at the time but could do nothing.
    The other scam they get upto is having the time out of sync on the parking machines.
    +1 However as this is UK Parking and not PCM it should be easier to deal with. Usually the paperwork has a flaw - or the signs. Do you have pics of the signs.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 18th Oct 17, 10:47 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    I have pic of the sign but can't load it or a link as I'm a new user - easy enough to find with a web search as some helpful chap has posted a picture of the sign on google photo's
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,177 Thanks
    Redx
    you can host it on tinypic

then you can provide a dead url link in your reply

change http to hxxp ( yes its that simple !! )
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Oct 17, 12:11 AM
    • 50,755 Posts
    • 64,157 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I feel like appealing now on IAS,
    Don't do that.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 19th Oct 17, 10:21 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    Thx RedX
    Does this work, it was a screen shot from my PC, the word at the top cropped off is just Castle

[IMG]hxxp://i63.tinypic.com/24e2y46.jpg[/IMG]
    • Redx
    • By Redx 19th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,177 Thanks
    Redx
    yes it works

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24e2y46&s=9#.WekX-YhrxPY
    Newbies !!
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 19th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    @ CM _ I didn't go IAS. Thx
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 19th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 209 Thanks
    claxtome
    I too have received a PCN for a flipped ticket. If you need a specimen defence to build from, if your PPC takes it further, I suggest you go my flipped ticket thread ->
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5715702
    • Orchard427
    • By Orchard427 21st Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Orchard427
    Thx claxtome, I’m currently waiting to see if they respond in anyway once the date to pay passes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin