Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hmiah007
    • By hmiah007 11th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    hmiah007
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 11th Oct 17 at 8:34 PM
    Hi Everyone

Firstly sorry i know this may have been asked a thousand times previous.

I just recieved a letter through the post for a Parking Charge Notice from ParkingEye.

They are stating that the driver did not purchase the appropriate parking time thus the parking Notice.

The ‘event’ day was the 06/06/2017 and the ‘date’ issued is 06/10/2017 which is 4months later.

Its at a Morrison’s car park which is run by ParkingEye.

According to the anpr picture the arrival time was 11:45am and departure time 12:12pm.

I believe that particular day the driver payed the £1 fee to park but due to Morrison’s not having the items in stock The driver left as the customer service people stated there was a minimum spend £5 to get the £1 back thus left as nothing was required to be purchased..

Not sure why if they were in the wrong why they did not slap a ticket on my car or notify me earlier then waiting 4 months to tell me.

Is there any grounds for me to appeal and get this notice cancelled?

Any help and advise will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by hmiah007; 11-10-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 16,072 Posts
    • 20,104 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    definitely , as explained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread we ask everyone to read

appeal as keeper on their website , using this blue text template appeal

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5725894

also email their head office and complain , especially if you have a match and more card and bank statements showing patronage etc (even if not for that particular day)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • hmiah007
    • By hmiah007 11th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hmiah007
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    Thanks for teplying back.

Sorry didn’t have time to go through the thread but did I have a browse when I got the time.

I have sent them an appeals letter which is in blue through their website so let’s see what the next step is

I haven’t even able to find out how long ParkingEye actually have to issue a PCN as I always been told it needed to be issued within 14 days.

I recieved the letter the first of its kind 4months after the day in questions.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 16,072 Posts
    • 20,104 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:08 PM
    to comply with the law called POFA2012 it is 14 days

otherwise, its 6 years , but the keeper is not liable unless they meet POFA2012 requirements , which they failed to do

hence why I pointed you at the ready made template for these latecomers

hopefully they will cancel, if not thyey will issue a popla code and then you must draft a popla appeal and get popla to uphold it

if you were daft enough to blab about who was driving , then they dont need POFA2012 , because they have 6 years to pursue a driver and less laws to deal with too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Oct 17, 11:13 PM
    • 3,950 Posts
    • 2,191 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:13 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:13 PM
    Hmiah007, you need to edit your opening post to remove any clue to who the driver might have been.

For example, your third sentence should start:
    They are stating that the driver did not purchase...
    Review and adjust your whole post similarly.
    • hmiah007
    • By hmiah007 11th Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hmiah007
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    All I’ve done is followed what the sticky thread said and copy/pasted the blue letter template onto their appeals page and sent it, got confirmation that they received it.

Is it worth having a word with Morrison’s or shall I just wait and see what they say?

As the branch in question was in London, my self and other colleagues use a Morrison’s branch in norfolk for our breakfast and shopping every day so could see if they can help.

Many thanks for your advice so far.
    • hmiah007
    • By hmiah007 11th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hmiah007
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    Thanks I’ve done it now, doesn’t allow to edit on mobile versions had to be on desktop version.
    Last edited by hmiah007; 11-10-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    • hmiah007
    • By hmiah007 14th Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    hmiah007
    • 14th Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    • 14th Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    Just a quick update:

Friday 13th may be a bad day for some but not for me.

Sent a quick tweet to Morrison’s twitter team on the 12th and got back to me on the 13th stating they have got my ticket cancelled.

Just need to wait for ParkingEye to send me the cancellation letter as Morrison’s have written (email) that it has been cancelled.

Like to thank you guys for putting your time and effort into this site to help myself and others beat these scumbags.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,219Posts Today

7,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin