Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Luciachi
    • By Luciachi 11th Oct 17, 5:43 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Luciachi
    Been abroad for 6 months!
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:43 PM
    Been abroad for 6 months! 11th Oct 17 at 5:43 PM
    Hi all,

I've spent all day trawling through but not found any cases similar. I've been working in Cyprus and Mum used my car, and got 2 tickets in April. One for parking outside the carparks hours for 7 mins, and one for overstaying her ticket by 16 mins.

I didn't know about this until I got back yesterday. Mum only opened my post last week to find something for me and then wrote to them to tell them it was her. The last letter I have is from a solicitor threatening court, unless I pay £320. I don't have this at the moment, neither does Mum. They've told me it could affect my credit file for 6 years.

Any suggestions? It was a private company (NPE). I have proof of me being abroad and of Mum having cognitive brain issues meaning she doesn't process bills etc. Is it worth trying to fight?

Thank you
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:48 PM
    Our advice is on how to fight.

Now your mum has admitted to being the driver she needs to deal with this.

You need to acquaint yourself with the game you are now caught up in by first reading up the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum.

Too late for appeals.

So you are in the debt collectors/wait and see stage.

You can ignore them.

If you get a lbcca or Court correspondence come back for advice on how to defend this at that time
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-10-2017 at 6:17 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    • 2,063 Posts
    • 2,475 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:04 PM
    Is this letter headed Letter Before Claim or similar wording?
    This space for hire.
    • Luciachi
    • By Luciachi 11th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Luciachi
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    No I called them and that's when they told me they're looking to take me to court. The last letter was from Gladstones Solicitors telling me I need to pay before the 17th
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    Stop calling them!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 3,740 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    For goodness sake stop calling scammers now!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,070Posts Today

6,736Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin