Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kirah
    • By Kirah 11th Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Kirah
    Accessing CCTV images
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    Accessing CCTV images 11th Oct 17 at 4:53 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm new here.. Back in February I went to Cheltenham railway station and dropped off my wife at 9.30am, then returned to collect her the same evening at 6.60pm. I stopped there for approximately 3 minutes in the morning, but less than two minutes in the evening as my wife walked out as I drove into the car park.
    APCOA sent me two images as 'proof' I parked all day - one image for the morning entry and one for the evening exit. Now I KNOW I didn't stay snd have a 'screen-grab' from my home computer of an email and attachments I sent at 16.40. But despite continuing correspondence they refuse to believe me and passed it to DRP ltd. I have now informed DRP that I will pursue APCOA for the 'missing' two images (exit/entry) under section 7 of the Data Protection act. I can make it very easy for them to find those other two images - almost to the minute! However, they will want to charge me to find those images when I am fighting NOT to pay a blatantly unfair fee of £150! I will send the proper application for them, but loathe to pay them anything to have to prove what the already know!!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,011 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    ignore them and only reply to an LBC or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC

APCOA have 6 years to try a court case

DRP are powerless

and they dont use CCTV, they use either ANPR cameras or hand held cameras taking still pictures and you can put them to strict proof in the evidence pack at that time

you wont obtain any CCTV footage
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 11th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 2,917 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    search the forum with 'double dip' and you will find many threads like this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5550336&highlight=double+dip

Ralph
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 11th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    • 7,924 Posts
    • 8,033 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:30 PM
    If you are at the DRP stage, read post four of the Newbies Sticky and do not contact them!
    • Kirah
    • By Kirah 11th Oct 17, 5:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kirah
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:55 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 5:55 PM
    Thanks for your replies all - yep, I meant Auto number plate recognition. I was just writing to DRP to say I won't answer any more letters or take any calls. Should I request images from APCOA or just leave them both hanging?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,011 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    already answered by me earlier

take your arguments to a court room if they try it, persuading a judge and putting them to strict proof at that time

in the meantime its just noise which can be ignored
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • andytaylor
    • By andytaylor 11th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    andytaylor
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:58 PM
    Just as a general point, when asking for CCTV data under the DPA, the operator is allowed to charge up to £10 administration fee per request.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 7,721 Posts
    • 7,997 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm new here.. Back in February I went to Cheltenham railway station and dropped off my wife at 9.30am, then returned to collect her the same evening at 6.60pm. I stopped there for approximately 3 minutes in the morning, but less than two minutes in the evening as my wife walked out as I drove into the car park.
    APCOA sent me two images as 'proof' I parked all day - one image for the morning entry and one for the evening exit. Now I KNOW I didn't stay snd have a 'screen-grab' from my home computer of an email and attachments I sent at 16.40. But despite continuing correspondence they refuse to believe me and passed it to DRP ltd. I have now informed DRP that I will pursue APCOA for the 'missing' two images (exit/entry) under section 7 of the Data Protection act. I can make it very easy for them to find those other two images - almost to the minute! However, they will want to charge me to find those images when I am fighting NOT to pay a blatantly unfair fee of £150! I will send the proper application for them, but loathe to pay them anything to have to prove what the already know!!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by Kirah

railway station , february?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 40,518 Posts
    • 80,910 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    railway station , february?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Six plus two equals August.

It is now statue barred as far as the landowner or train operating company with regard to making a claim for trespass is concerned as the time limit for such in the magistrates court is six months. The parking company are completely out of the equation and if they ask for payment then it may constitute asking for money by deception.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,130Posts Today

6,683Users online

Martin's Twitter