Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PaceThePixie
    • By PaceThePixie 11th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 647Thanks
    PaceThePixie
    Best Time To Switch Accounts?
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    Best Time To Switch Accounts? 11th Oct 17 at 4:48 PM
    Afternoon Folks,

Random question, is there a best time in the month to switch accounts? I never use over drafts and always in healthy credit. I moved from one of the big four to Virgin Money about 18 months ago; maybe two years ago I can't remember. I find the Virgin service beyond limiting and customer service in their money lounges slow; hence my desire to move again, which is annoying. I am not a fan of switching. Anything. But I do it as a last resort.

Thanks in advance.
    Money scares me.

Honesty update will arrive shortly......
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 11th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 451 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:58 PM
    Not really as a rule, I suppose it depends on when the payments go out for direct debits to try and find a clear stretch, but remember if you go through the Switch service they'll follow you.

Sadly some providers are limited as to their direct debit dates, some councils only offer certain dates for council tax/rent. Water may do this as well but mostly everything else you can pick your own dates.
    • datlex
    • By datlex 12th Oct 17, 11:06 PM
    • 1,361 Posts
    • 1,146 Thanks
    datlex
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:06 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:06 PM
    The best time of month is the week you don't have any direct debits coming out of your account if that applies to you.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 12th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 362 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Mchambers
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    Switch anytime to get best interest rates and switch bonuses. Worked loads of times for me.

HTHs.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,299Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin