Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • J Greene
    • By J Greene 11th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    J Greene
    paypal scam
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:04 PM
    paypal scam 11th Oct 17 at 4:04 PM
    My son has lost £300 when he received a message from a friend asking if he had a paypal account.
    The long and the short of it is his "friend" asked him to accept a payment for him via paypal.
    when he had received it his "friend" asked him to pay it back to his bank.
    My son checked that the amount had cleared into his paypal account and paid it back to his "friend". Needless to say when he telephoned his friend to ask what the problem was, he knew nothing about it! My son immediately contacted Barclays (his bank) and explained the problem and ask them to stop tbe payment. They said they could not and informed him his account would be frozen for 10 days. When he contacted paypal to complain that they had withdrawn the £300 due to the payee duspute, their response was"they cannot help unless the payment was for something he was selling!
    NO ONE WILL HELP HIM AND PAYPAL WANT THE £300 BACK!
    Has anyone else been through this? So much for being a good friend!
Page 1
    • PreciousJade
    • By PreciousJade 18th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PreciousJade
    • 18th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    I received email for this job offer, i think it's a scam as well
    • 18th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    The email messsage said : (has any one fall for this scam?)

my father owns and runs a clearance wholesale clothing and footwear company called DRP Supplies. Now as a company we have been

accepting many payment methods in past such as bank transfer, card payments , cash via mail etc and we have decided we want to

take on paypal but with a different strategy. my father has always disliked the fact people who stay at home and not work are neglected because they

cannot work for there own sakes for example disabilities and illnesses but also age and sex can be a factor.

he has decided to offer paypal customers the chance to work for him and process his sales for a pay of 10% of the sale.

now the role is very easy anyone can do it. you receive the money in your paypal withdraw it over to your bank

keep 10% send the 90% over to our accountant. proper easy. however he also wanted people to experience and learn new

office skills such as creating invoices. so there is a tutorial he has made which explains step by step how to create invoices and your role would be to

create invoices for the sale you have processed. your job role would be payment/sales processing.

and it would be all commission no set pay!
    • DoubleDoors
    • By DoubleDoors 18th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 259 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    DoubleDoors
    • 18th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    Did you know they've taken the word 'gullible' out of the English dictionary?
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 18th Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    Needless to say when he telephoned his friend to ask what the problem was, he knew nothing about it!
    Originally posted by J Greene
    What problem?
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 18th Oct 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,939 Posts
    • 3,946 Thanks
    glentoran99
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:14 PM
    • 18th Oct 17, 3:14 PM
    My son has lost £300 when he received a message from a friend asking if he had a paypal account.
    The long and the short of it is his "friend" asked him to accept a payment for him via paypal.
    when he had received it his "friend" asked him to pay it back to his bank.
    My son checked that the amount had cleared into his paypal account and paid it back to his "friend". Needless to say when he telephoned his friend to ask what the problem was, he knew nothing about it! My son immediately contacted Barclays (his bank) and explained the problem and ask them to stop tbe payment. They said they could not and informed him his account would be frozen for 10 days. When he contacted paypal to complain that they had withdrawn the £300 due to the payee duspute, their response was"they cannot help unless the payment was for something he was selling!
    NO ONE WILL HELP HIM AND PAYPAL WANT THE £300 BACK!
    Has anyone else been through this? So much for being a good friend!
    Originally posted by J Greene

if it had cleared then there wouldnt have been a debit from his bank account
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin