Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bimboxhollie
    • By bimboxhollie 11th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 2Thanks
    bimboxhollie
    FTB question
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:39 PM
    FTB question 11th Oct 17 at 3:39 PM
    Hi,

I am a FTB and just had a question regarding the buying process.

We had a phone call from the EA on Monday letting us know that we are at the enquiry stage, I know my solicitors were just waiting for 1 search to come back last week however I have been informed by text that I have a signed for document coming to me by courier. Does anyone know what this could be? Do they inform you of the search outcome etc by letter or could it be the contracts?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 9,830 Posts
    • 12,480 Thanks
    hazyjo
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:43 PM
    They'll usually go through the contract with you rather than just ask for a signature. Could be though... I've not had anything else to sign for during the buying process.
    2017 wins: Opera tickets; film preview; lipstick; Ideal Home Show tickets + afternoon tea & bottle of Champagne; 2 cases of NKD; notebook; bath rack; books; film Premiere; Broadchurch DVDs; lipbalms; hamper (food/wine/Echo Dot/Jo Malone goodies); Avon lippies; cowhide rug; Windsor luxury break, foundation; Flybe flight
    • Surrey_EA
    • By Surrey_EA 11th Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    • 1,299 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    Surrey_EA
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:44 PM
    Probably the contract. Although a little unusual to send via a courier.

Please note, signing the contract can happen several weeks before contracts are exchanged.
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 11th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    • 1,548 Posts
    • 2,010 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    Could be the land registry document, we signed that really early on.

Ours wasn't sent by courier though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,153Posts Today

6,722Users online

Martin's Twitter