Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lyndilou1
    • By lyndilou1 11th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lyndilou1
    Pre 1996 PPI mis-selling
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    Pre 1996 PPI mis-selling 11th Oct 17 at 3:18 PM
    Can anyone say if we can claim on loans sold to us with PPI (we were told we would be unsuccessful if we didn't take out the insurance) from pre 1995. Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 14,400 Posts
    • 15,196 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    You can complain about anything.

However, the chances of anyone having any records are minimal.
    • lyndilou1
    • By lyndilou1 11th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lyndilou1
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    Thank you. I do have the details of the company and when hey were registered with the FSA. I will give it a go!
    • sun73
    • By sun73 11th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    sun73
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    It doesn't matter how old the loans are if they included PPI, as the majority of lenders were previously regulated under the Banking Ombudsman scheme. However, in the absence of relevant documents, you will need to locate the account number of each loan, proof of payment and provide reasons why the insurance was mis-sold to you, e.g. in the case of unsecured loans it might be due to you paying a single, upfront PPI premium.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,209Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin