Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Flaird
    • By Flaird 11th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Flaird
    Buying a house with a short term tenancy agreement
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    Buying a house with a short term tenancy agreement 11th Oct 17 at 2:58 PM
    Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this situation.
    We have found a bungalow that we would like to buy, it has tennants in currently until February 2018. We have a buyer for our place and we had planned to move in with the in laws for a month or so until the tennants moved out in February.
    But speaking with my mortgage broker he said that the mortgage company would not like this as we are effectively buying to let...!
    By the time the sale goes through would imagine it will be end of December/start of January so we would probably only get one month of rent from the tennants before they moved out.
    Is there a way around this. Has anyone been in this boat before.
    We're 2 adults, 2kids (under three) in a 2 bed flat, so this property is ideal, we just can't see a way to secure it.
    Any help much appreciated.
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 11th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 32,383 Posts
    • 17,390 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:33 PM
    What makes you think the tenants will move out?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,062Posts Today

6,815Users online

Martin's Twitter