Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FloraHarvey
    • By FloraHarvey 11th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FloraHarvey
    Compensation - AirMiles vs s
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    Compensation - AirMiles vs s 11th Oct 17 at 2:23 PM
    On June 17th this year AA Flight 057 from LHR to MIA was diverted to Terpeira in the Azores for a medical emergency.
    The result was a 6 hour delay in reaching Miami causing cancelled meetings and much distress and inconvenience.
    AA's Customer Relations (pre- emptying a Claim) apologised and credited me with 20,000 Air Miles as compensation without any action on my part.
    Am I obliged to accept this in final settlement, or should I press for a financial claim which I understand could be for 530 ( according to the Daily Mail of 1/7/2017)?
    I look forward to your guidance.
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 11th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 1,836 Posts
    • 3,821 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    A medical emergency is an extraordinary circumstance. You are not entitled to compensation.

You should never rely on the Daily Mail for anything factual!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 11th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    If it truly was an medical emergency then take the airmiles. You're not entitled to anything else under reg 261/2004.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,923Posts Today

7,685Users online

Martin's Twitter