Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xsezzx
    • By xsezzx 11th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 4Thanks
    xsezzx
    Help with Phoenix parking solutions
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    Help with Phoenix parking solutions 11th Oct 17 at 1:59 PM
    Hi,

I wondered if anyone can help me please. I have read the thread that was suggested and followed the steps.

Background
    Van was parked in carpark (behind bank) to pay some money in and get some change for parking metre. In the 5-10 minutes van was parked it was issued with a parking ticket. The van belongs to his company, so after reading the thread it suggested to appeal asap.

I emailed Phoenix Parking Solutions the following email;

Dear Phoenix Parking Solutions,

Re PCN number: *****

I am the keeper of the vehicle and am aware of your purported 'parking charge'. The driver will not be identified. I require the following information so that I can make an informed decision:

1. Who is the party that contracted with your company and are they the landowner?
    2. Is your charge based on damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    3. Please provide photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract with the driver.
    4. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.
    5. Please provide proof that the timing of any camera or timer used was synchronised with all other cameras and/or systems & machines.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause (e.g. if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research) please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach.

I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply via email.

To which they replied with the following:

--

Thank you for your recent communication, unfortunately for us to be able to consider your appeal we require the following:

Please confirm that you were the driver at the time of the contravention
    If you were not the driver, their full name and address
    Your full name and address
    Vehicle registration
    Parking Charge Notice Number
    Evidence you would like to present including any tickets purchased
    You have 14 days from the date of this correspondence to either pay the parking charge at the reduced rate, after which time the amount will increase to £100.00 as per your parking charge notice, or provide us with the details requested above along with any supporting evidence to substantiate your appeal.
    If you would like to pay please log onto www.phoenix-parking.com and make your payment following the instructions provided, remembering to enter your vehicle registration within the message box.

Alternatively, please forward a cheque or postal order for the amount of £60.00 to:
    Phoenix Parking Solutions Ltd
    MWB Birmingham
    43 Temple Row
    Birmingham
    B2 5LS
    or contact our payments line on 08458381217.
    Kindest Regards

------

Should I reply with the details they have requested? I do not wish to provide them with our home address or any further details, but do I have to do this to appeal?

Thank you,

Sarah
    Last edited by xsezzx; 11-10-2017 at 2:29 PM.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 11th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 31,740 Posts
    • 37,454 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    edit your PCN number out for a start
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • xsezzx
    • By xsezzx 11th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    xsezzx
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:04 PM
    I have done that, thank you!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Oct 17, 2:07 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:07 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:07 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now and familiarise yourself with the game you are now caught up in.

The futility of sppeals to IPC companies is explained there..

Certainly don't give them details of who was driving!!

You need to edit your op to remove details of who was driving
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-10-2017 at 3:40 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Oct 17, 2:08 PM
    • 3,950 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:08 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:08 PM
    Should I reply with the details they have requested?
    Originally posted by xsezzx
    Under no circumstances should you tell them who the driver was.

Have you read the NEWBIES thread yet?
    That covers the appeal process and any subsequent steps.
    • xsezzx
    • By xsezzx 11th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    xsezzx
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    I have read it and then sent the appeals email based on the thread. I am now confused what to do in regards to their reply?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Oct 17, 3:21 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:21 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:21 PM
    There is nothing to do after their reply when dealing with IPC firms

As explained in the FAQ.

Wait and see if you get court correspondence or a letter before court action.

They have 6 years to start legal action.

Come back for advice on how to defend this if such correspondence turns up
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-10-2017 at 3:42 PM.
    • xsezzx
    • By xsezzx 12th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    xsezzx
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:34 AM
    Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your reply.

So at this point, because they did not reply with the information I requested, I should just ignore them and wait to see if anything happens, even though it is a company vehicle?

Thanks again.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:01 AM
    Yes

They can pursue either the driver (only if they know who it was) or the keeper - you already told them who the keeper is, so being a company vehicle is irrelevant.
    • xsezzx
    • By xsezzx 12th Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    xsezzx
    Ok, thank you very much for your reply!
    • xsezzx
    • By xsezzx 12th Oct 17, 12:10 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    xsezzx
    Thanks very much!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin