Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chocolatepennyfarthing
    • By chocolatepennyfarthing 11th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,062Posts
    • 451Thanks
    chocolatepennyfarthing
    Iphone photo storage- Amazon or others
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    Iphone photo storage- Amazon or others 11th Oct 17 at 1:42 PM
    Have over 2500 photos and videos that go back several years on iPhone/ipads and am running out of storage. Have seen in a different thread someone mentioned about storing them on Amazon photo. Was wondering how easy this is to do? I'm a prime member so interested in this. Are photos stored safe and can I then delete them from my phone or do I need to store somewhere else as well, not sure re I cloud etc? Total novice at this so any help appreciated. Thanks
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
Page 1
    • Respectthestar
    • By Respectthestar 11th Oct 17, 1:45 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Respectthestar
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:45 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:45 PM
    I've not heard of Amazon photo but I can recommend Google photos. Just download the app and transfer your photos onto it. It saves storage and you can search for your photos any time you open the app on your iphone/ipad or google account.
    • Lingua
    • By Lingua 11th Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 207 Thanks
    Lingua
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:49 PM
    How much storage do you need? iCloud is available with 50GB for 79p/month, which would remove the need for any extra apps to back up your content. It would simply be backed up automatically.

Lingua
    Long-Term Goal: £14'000 / £40'000 mortgage downpayment (2020)
    • sdduk
    • By sdduk 11th Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 279 Thanks
    sdduk
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:45 PM
    OP i have nearly 100gb of photo's i have not backed any to any cloud base.
    I have an 128gb memory stick and two harddrives i back mine to
    been doing it this way for about 8yrs so my advise would be if you decide to backup to the cloud as back up also use some other device to.
    Remember if you loose your photos from the cloud they will be gone forever i am not saying it will go down but you never know what's round the corner better to be safe than sorry.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,592Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin