Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • david100351
    • By david100351 11th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    david100351
    Wyelands Bank- delays in opening account
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:02 PM
    Wyelands Bank- delays in opening account 11th Oct 17 at 1:02 PM
    I opened an account (12 months fixed term), and it came up that it wanted extra ID. So I sent that off, and it was returned promptly to me, with a letter saying that the info would be passed to their identy verification department and then I would hear from them....

That was around two weeks ago, and I've heard nothing, and trust me, my ID is genuine !

Anyone else had problems/delays?
    (I've emailed them, not had a reply yet.)
Page 1
    • david100351
    • By david100351 21st Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    david100351
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    • 21st Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    UPDATE: I contacted them after two weeks, and they told me that the letter containing my log-in details and account number (so I could pay money in) was in the post. They also reminded me that I only had two weeks from the date of application to pay money in to the account.

Of course I told them that it was already two weeks, and it wasn't my delay but their's, so they graciously extended the deadline by 24 hours and gave me the required information then and there, over the phone, so the money could be paid in.

Sure enough a couple of days later the letter required, and then a further letter a few days later confirming the amount of the initial deposit.

So all sorted, but compared with others I lost a couple of weeks interest, of course.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

318Posts Today

2,071Users online

Martin's Twitter