Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Will of the forest
    • By Will of the forest 11th Oct 17, 12:49 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Will of the forest
    Credit card not on report?
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:49 PM
    Credit card not on report? 11th Oct 17 at 12:49 PM
    Ive recently signed up to the credit club thingy via this site with Experian and noticed that my Natwest Mastercard and Visa card are not showing at all. I currently have a balance of £400 and had these credit cards over 10 years. Half the reason I use them now and again is to increase my credit rating so its a bit frustrating. Does any one know why this is the case?
Page 1
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 11th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 3,928 Posts
    • 3,322 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:54 PM
    Have you checked your other 2 reports ? Not all lenders report to all 3 agencies.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 11th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 1,103 Posts
    • 965 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:56 PM
    Because they may not report to Experian.

Second, there are two other major CRA to check.

Noddle, for CallCredit
    ClearScore, for Equifax.

Both are free and it may show up there.

Also, regardless of whether they appear on some and not all CRA, do not use a Credit Card to build your history without paying in full when you use them. Paying interest on a balance will not improve your credit history and of course, costs you money.
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 11th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    RG2015
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:57 PM
    I have a credit card from NatWest Mastercard that appears on all three credit agency reports. I also have a NatWest Visa card but that is a debit card for a current account which also appears on all three reports.

I also have an old NatWest credit card and a bank account which do not appear anywhere because they are too old. If I wanted these to be included on my credit reports I would need to ask NatWest to arrange this. The problem is that banks are not authorised to release this data as the terms and conditions did not include sharing information when I opened these accounts.
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 11th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 3,291 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    MABLE
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    Ive recently signed up to the credit club thingy via this site with Experian and noticed that my Natwest Mastercard and Visa card are not showing at all. I currently have a balance of £400 and had these credit cards over 10 years. Half the reason I use them now and again is to increase my credit rating so its a bit frustrating. Does any one know why this is the case?
    Originally posted by Will of the forest
    I have a Cahoot credit card and have held it since July 2002. I also note this has never shown up on any credit reports. I queried this with Cahoot and they said they were unable to advise the various agencies of the conduct of account and I believe they said because of the age of the account.
    • Will of the forest
    • By Will of the forest 13th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Will of the forest
    • 13th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    Thank you all for feed back. Sounds like the account might just be too old as its actually nearly 20 years since I opened it when I checked! Time flys eh?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,358Posts Today

7,091Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin