Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Techie
    • By Techie 11th Oct 17, 12:32 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Techie
    Optimum Prepaid Mastercard
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:32 PM
    Optimum Prepaid Mastercard 11th Oct 17 at 12:32 PM
    This was previously Orange Cash. My transfer from Orange Cash to Optimum went smoothly and I received a new Optimum Card.
    The OptimumCard expired in August this year but I did not receive a replacement card even though my account is in Credit.

Since August I have made a number of telephone calls and emails to 360CustomerService(PrepayTech) and each time I am being told that there is a problem with the card manufacturer (No Plastic?). Each time I am informed that I will receive my replacement card within 4 weeks.That hasn't happened.

I find it hard to believe that a card manufacturer is without plastic for at least 2 months.

I am wondering if any of you are experiencing the same problem.
Page 1
    • northwalesd
    • By northwalesd 11th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 207 Posts
    • 132 Thanks
    northwalesd
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:50 PM
    I am wondering if any of you are experiencing the same problem.
    Originally posted by Techie
    Somebody else in this thread is

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5330106&page=3
    • alanq
    • By alanq 11th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 3,790 Posts
    • 2,432 Thanks
    alanq
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    I find it hard to believe that a card manufacturer is without plastic for at least 2 months.
    Originally posted by Techie
    Monzo's (different card provider) problems were due to "an upgrade to a machine at its card manufacturer". I speculated in the other thread whether this was the same problem for Optimum.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2017/10/1000s-of-monzo-applicants-hit-by-unexpected-delays-sending-out-cards

Optimum had a surge of customers two years ago when it took over from Orange. It should have come as no surprise that two years later lots of its customers would be requiring replacement cards. I received an email in early August telling me that Optimum would be sending me a replacement card for the one that was to expire at the end of September. No card arrived. Optimum should have prepared well in advance to ensure no delays especially as there were long delays initially in issuing replacements for the Orange cards two years ago.

It seems a strange business that is prepared to lose customers through repeated failures to provide the promised service and failure to keep them informed of any issues it was having with issuing replacement cards.
    Last edited by alanq; 11-10-2017 at 1:43 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Techie
    • By Techie 12th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Techie
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    I received my replacement Optimum Card this morning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,298Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin