Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    • By nxdmsandkaskdjaqd 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 471Posts
    • 44Thanks
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    Smart Meter - Secure Liberty 100
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    Smart Meter - Secure Liberty 100 11th Oct 17 at 11:50 AM
    I had to have my electric Smart Meter changed this week from a British Gas installed Landis Gyr, due to being faulty.

Does any one have a Secure Liberty 100 Smart Meter where the IHD (In House Display) still works after changing energy provider which does not support smart meters yet?

I.e changing from Britsh Gas to suppliers such as Oneselect.
Page 1
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    • 368 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    I have the Secure Liberty 100 electricity meter, mine was installed by E.ON almost a year ago. The IHD continues to display consumption information after I left E.ON earlier this year.

I can't comment on British Gas though.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 12th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 3,142 Posts
    • 810 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 12:24 PM
    In my case, Secure Liberty 100 installed by OVO with Secure IHD. Upon a switch to Scottish Power the meter reverted to manual and the IHD stopped working and doesn't display any information at all.

Incidentally, to get a meter reading with this meter I press number 9 and the meter reading is then the second screen.
    • Raxiel
    • By Raxiel 12th Oct 17, 2:27 PM
    • 368 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Raxiel
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:27 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:27 PM
    In my case, Secure Liberty 100 installed by OVO with Secure IHD. Upon a switch to Scottish Power the meter reverted to manual and the IHD stopped working and doesn't display any information at all.

Incidentally, to get a meter reading with this meter I press number 9 and the meter reading is then the second screen.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    Interesting, My own IHD is E.ON branded, with no mention of 'Secure' on it.
    I wonder if the difference is down to the make of IHD or the way the meter itself is configured?

The meter should be able to display kWh usage from previous months via button 4 (See this guide, page 25 https://utilita.co.uk/downloads/SMET-User-Guide-DUAL-FUEL.pdf)

It also has costs for previous days weeks and months on buttons 1-3 but they won't be much use with the tariff zeroed. I wonder if the live/day/week/month/year kWh info I see is actually stored in the IHD itself.

Also, it's button 6 to do a reading if you have Economy 7, 9 just shows the combined total for meters configured that way.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,441Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin