Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • john fitz
    • By john fitz 11th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    john fitz
    Critical life cover insurance
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    Critical life cover insurance 11th Oct 17 at 11:27 AM
    I am still not sure if I have ever been mis-sold PPI but the closest thing I can find is 2 protection policies I took out with Abbey National plc from 2002 and 2003 for approx 4 years after which they were cancelled. One was "level term assurance with critical illness and life cover" with a monthly premium of £55.30 and an initial "sales cost" of £648.05 and the other was "level life cover only" with a monthly premium of £30.11 and an initial "sales cost" of £352.85

I would like to know if these fall under the PPI claim rules if anyone can help
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 19,547 Posts
    • 9,648 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    Life Assurance is not PPI, not even "close".

Not every insurance is PPI and not every insurance was mis-sold.

There are no "PPI claims rules". If you bought PPI and can show it was mis-sold it will be refunded.

Even if you had PPI (which you don't) there is no guarantee that it would be returned to you.

This seems to get asked every day with relentless monotony. Perhaps it should be a sticky thread?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 89,852 Posts
    • 55,456 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    Just because you have insurance, does not mean it is PPI. PPI stands for payment protection insurance. So, car insurance, houshold insurance, life assurance, critical illness cover are clearly not PPI.

I would like to know if these fall under the PPI claim rules
    There are no PPI claim rules.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,053Posts Today

6,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin