Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Missprim29
    • By Missprim29 11th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Missprim29
    Problems with broadband speed help
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:02 AM
    Problems with broadband speed help 11th Oct 17 at 11:02 AM
    Hi, I'm have trouble with my broadband speed with sky fibre. Im tied in to a contract until april 2018. I've run diagnostics ect but sky seems to think it's all fine, yet I'm getting 13mbps on sky fibre at low peak times and I was quoted to receive between 22.9-32.1 mbps (I have moved house recently so that was quoted on my previous address) Im paying a lot of money out to sky and the broadband speed is affecting our sky q boxes too. We can't download any thing onto the sky Q box if any one is playing games online other wise the game cuts out and glitches. The sky Q mini box often cant find a connection so is basically useless. So I'm paying for sky q and broadband and can't really use it. Do I have any rights or is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance x
Page 1
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 11th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 1,142 Posts
    • 624 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:52 PM
    Did you get a minimum speed spec from Sky? I have Sky ADSL and I got a minimum speed from them at sign up and they stated that if the speed dropped below that limit and they couldn't fix it then I could leave without penalty.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 11th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1,946 Posts
    • 1,062 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:56 PM
    Hi, I'm have trouble with my broadband speed with sky fibre. Im tied in to a contract until april 2018. I've run diagnostics ect but sky seems to think it's all fine, yet I'm getting 13mbps on sky fibre at low peak times and I was quoted to receive between 22.9-32.1 mbps (I have moved house recently so that was quoted on my previous address) Im paying a lot of money out to sky and the broadband speed is affecting our sky q boxes too. We can't download any thing onto the sky Q box if any one is playing games online other wise the game cuts out and glitches. The sky Q mini box often cant find a connection so is basically useless. So I'm paying for sky q and broadband and can't really use it. Do I have any rights or is there anything I can do about this? Thanks in advance x
    Originally posted by Missprim29
    You need to check the quoted speed for your current address, previous address has no relevance.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,381 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    It's the speed at peak times you need to be concerned with, if that is 13Mbps then you're doing okay and Sky Q won't struggle (obviously this won't affect your signal through the dish).

The mini boxes connect to the main box through WiFi and has nothing to do with your broadband.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 8,617 Posts
    • 5,096 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:35 PM

The mini boxes connect to the main box through WiFi and has nothing to do with your broadband.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

Perhaps there is a problem with a piece of equipment causing interference. It need not be new,but in a different place to where it was in the other house.

When having problems with my PlusNet signal, they asked me to unplug the base of the cordless phone , while they ran tests, as interference is often caused by phones (though not in my case).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,419Posts Today

4,613Users online

Martin's Twitter