Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bedbug888
    • By bedbug888 11th Oct 17, 10:58 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    bedbug888
    Ccj
    • 11th Oct 17, 10:58 AM
    Ccj 11th Oct 17 at 10:58 AM
    Hi can anyone tell me if a claimant can ask to review the instalments set up by the court. I pay a small instalment to Mortimer Clarke without fail every month. However they now want to reassess my financial circumstances and for me to me make a new offer of payment. Is this correct or should I just stick to the instalments set by the court?
    Thanks for any help
Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 11th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    Yes, they can apply to the court to higher it, or enforce it by other means.

However, if you can show the court that your financial circumstances haven't changed since the court ordered you to pay what you are doing, they wont change anything.

They cannot ask you to pay more without authorisation of the courts, nor should you offer any higher.
    • bedbug888
    • By bedbug888 11th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bedbug888
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:09 PM
    So as they have sent me their own income/expenditure form to fill in and nothing to do with the court, am I ok to ignore it and continue paying as before. Thanks for the advice
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 11th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 955 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:13 PM
    So as they have sent me their own income/expenditure form to fill in and nothing to do with the court, am I ok to ignore it and continue paying as before. Thanks for the advice
    Originally posted by bedbug888

Don't ignore it.

Write back to them saying that your financial circumstances have not changed since the CCJ was issued. Do not fill in the I&E and state you will continue payments as mandated by the court.

If they do decide to take things to the court, and the court asks for the I&E, you must comply with that request.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

2,192Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin