Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DATurner
    • By DATurner 11th Oct 17, 9:19 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DATurner
    PPI Claims - Missing account details
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:19 AM
    PPI Claims - Missing account details 11th Oct 17 at 9:19 AM
    Hi, I'm completely new to the forums and have previously dismissed all likelyhood of a successful claim as although I am sure I will have had PPI on various bank, credit card and other policies since the early 1990's, I do not have any paper copies, nor can I remember (or have access to) any account numbers/details. I do have an idea of which Banks and such I may have had policies with....how would I begin claims without policy numbers?!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Oct 17, 9:21 AM
    • 14,331 Posts
    • 15,095 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:21 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:21 AM
    You'd write to the lenders, giving them whatever information you can.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 18,870 Posts
    • 10,107 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    I do have an idea of which Banks and such I may have had policies with....
    Originally posted by DATurner
    First action is to contact each bank by 'phone, letter or E-Mail simply asking if they have any record of you having PPI. If they respond negatively (and you don't believe them) you can force them to send everything they have kept on file for you by sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter to each bank. A SAR costs £10 per lender.

Do note that "the early 1990's" is now almost thirty years ago..
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 14,331 Posts
    • 15,095 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:47 AM

Do note that "the early 1990's" is now almost thirty years ago..
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    When did that happen?!

I'd have said it was about 10 years ago, maximum!
    • DATurner
    • By DATurner 11th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DATurner
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:07 PM
    Thanks for feedback...seems I have quite a task ahead of me!
    • societys child
    • By societys child 11th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 4,891 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    societys child
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:52 PM
    seems I have quite a task ahead of me!
    Remember, spending £10 on a SAR could a waste of time and money, if they have no record of you, after all this time.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    • 18,870 Posts
    • 10,107 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    When did that happen?!

I'd have said it was about 10 years ago, maximum!
    Originally posted by zx81
    Scary how time flies...
    • Shullie
    • By Shullie 13th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shullie
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:31 PM
    Hi, have had a number of phone calls to Lloyds re a loan I was pressurised into to taking in 1999/2000 to cover my student overdraft and which I am still paying back . They keep telling me that they can not find the account number for the loan. Today I have called them yet again after receiving a letter , with a copy of a previous letter they say they sent but I never received, which should have contained at questionnaire.

They started to tell me again that they have no information on me ever having a loan-.
    I advised them from what I can see on the letter they wont has they have spelt my name wrong in the first instance; once that was sorted out, they asked for my address history - I gave them that, including where I lived when I took the loan out. I also gave them the numbers I have from them on letters that they wrote to me going back to 2009 .
    They are still denying that I had a loan from them.They have told me to go to the bank branch and speak to them. The branch I use to use is now closed. I explained I no longer have an current account with them as they closed it. I gave them all the relevant numbers I have, including the numbers I use to pay them money every month.

At first they said they have no information of me banking with them and then suddenly they told me that they have copies of letters. However as the letters do not have the loan account number on it they can't do anything and it is up to me. They told me that I needed to contact the archived account team - and gave me a number - which does not work.

So where do I go from here?
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 13th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 3,767 Thanks
    IAmWales
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    Ask again for the number for the archive team.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Oct 17, 11:05 PM
    • 18,870 Posts
    • 10,107 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Hi, have had a number of phone calls to Lloyds re a loan I was pressurised into to taking in 1999/2000 to cover my student overdraft
    Originally posted by Shullie
    You say you are still paying this loan, but did you default and the loan was passed to a collection agency? This might explain why they can't find your account.

Secondly, are you complaining simply that you were "pressurised" into taking the loan? If so, I'm afraid your "complaint" is not valid. It was your own choice to take a loan, nobody forced you.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 14th Oct 17, 2:02 AM
    • 7,161 Posts
    • 5,159 Thanks
    -taff
    You can send a SAR and £10 to see if hey can locate any old information, but you may be wasting 10.
    If thy do come back with documents, then you can use singl prmeium as a missell reason.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

387Posts Today

1,881Users online

Martin's Twitter