Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • roadtohappy
    • By roadtohappy 11th Oct 17, 7:40 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 3Thanks
    roadtohappy
    Mint & Egg
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:40 AM
    Mint & Egg 11th Oct 17 at 7:40 AM
    Hi,

I have never claimed for mis-sold PPI. In the 90s (I think) I had cards / loans with Mint & Egg. I am unwell and on benefits so, while the money would be useful if successful, I don't really have the energy or motivation to try to claim myself. I also don't have any paperwork and those accounts do not appear on my credit report as they are from over 6 years ago.

At one point, I know I had PPI on one or more loans / cards but I'm not sure which ones. I would be open to using a PPI claim company if it would be a case of just giving them my details and them doing all the leg work - I understand that they would take a percentage.

I would be interested to hear from anyone in a similar situation.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 14,400 Posts
    • 15,196 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 8:00 AM
    If you use a company, you will need to send them all the details of your complaint and they take half your money.

If you go direct, you send the lender the details of your complaint and keep all the money.

There is no additional leg work in either case.
    • countrybelle
    • By countrybelle 11th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    countrybelle
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    Hi, I have the same query. I had a card with egg which merged into mint. I then cancelled it, I have no paperwork as it was such a long time ago. Where do I start as they no longer exist?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Oct 17, 9:18 AM
    • 14,400 Posts
    • 15,196 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:18 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:18 AM
    https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/complaints-egg.do
    • Respectthestar
    • By Respectthestar 11th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Respectthestar
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    Thank you for the info. I will put my enquiry in.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,209Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin