Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Trengilly
    • By Trengilly 11th Oct 17, 1:27 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Trengilly
    Post Office Broadband & Phone offer
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:27 AM
    Post Office Broadband & Phone offer 11th Oct 17 at 1:27 AM
    Plusnet deal ended and now paying £38 month for standard broadband and home phone (no calls or other services included). Called PN but there are no special deals/discounts available for Cornwall (market 1 area). Top picks seems to be EE 18m deal with £100 mastercard cash back, Post Office 18m deal at £19 per month or John Lewis £25 for 12 months.

The Post Office deal guarantees no price increases in 18 month deal period, includes weekend calls, free calls to uk help centre and may attract cashback from Top Cashback - not checked this.
    But online reviews are poor. Would appreciate feedback from anyone using Post Office broadband and home phone. Also appreciate views on EE and John Lewis.
Page 1
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 11th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 8,629 Posts
    • 20,867 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    Can anyone help Trengilly with feedback?

Here's the EE deal mentioned

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#eefibre
    I'm on annual leave until Monday 6 November. If you have a question please go via our Site FAQs

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 11th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 1,006 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 2:47 PM
    Post Office BB is supplied by TalkTalk, run don't walk away.

John Lewis BB is supplied by Plusnet.

Moved from TT to Plusnet to BT due to TT's data breaches etc, Plusnet increased prices and were reluctant to match new customer pricing so went to BT, whom supplied a pre credited credit card which bought the BB price down to a good level.
    • Trengilly
    • By Trengilly 12th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trengilly
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:31 AM
    Tks Inner Zone

I'm so glad I checked out the Post Office offer. I think I'll avoid that one!
    Looks like EE is best prospect but I'll do some more research first.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 12th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 8,375 Posts
    • 4,981 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    Plusnet deal ended and now paying £38 month for standard broadband and home phone (no calls or other services included). Called PN but there are no special deals/discounts available for Cornwall (market 1 area). Top picks seems to be EE 18m deal with £100 mastercard cash back, Post Office 18m deal at £19 per month or John Lewis £25 for 12 months.

The Post Office deal guarantees no price increases in 18 month deal period, includes weekend calls, free calls to uk help centre and may attract cashback from Top Cashback - not checked this.
    But online reviews are poor. Would appreciate feedback from anyone using Post Office broadband and home phone. Also appreciate views on EE and John Lewis.
    Originally posted by Trengilly

Try again with PlusNet.

I called to ask what they would offer me to stay and was immediately offered 'the same deal as you have,now'.

That is free ADSL, line paid upfront (which cost £12 more than last year because of a price rise some time ago), caller display 99p and calls package £8.

I asked if they could do a deal on calls, as my sister had £2.50 off her new to Sky deal, but was told that BT fixes their line and call rates, meaning they can only do a deal on broadband and extras. However ,I got the caller display free.

Last year £24.48/month.
    This year £25.49/month
    • Trengilly
    • By Trengilly 12th Oct 17, 9:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Trengilly
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:57 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 9:57 PM
    Tks teddysmum

I did call Plusnet earlier today and was offered a similar price to you which was much improved on my out of contract price. This is the bare minimum deal, standard broadband and home phone without extras. I also noticed that the John Lewis one year offer is down to £20 per month from £25 a few days ago. This includes evening and weekend calls and is provided by Plusnet so hopefully a very similar service.
    • pinkladyvenus
    • By pinkladyvenus 14th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    pinkladyvenus
    • 14th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 14th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    I was with the Post Office and would say avoid at all costs customer service is a nightmare. I was given a deal for 12 months free broadband 9 months into this they started charging me for the broadband. Customer service did nothing a letter and an email to the C.E.O received no reply. Have taken the matter to the ombudsman. I would say they are even worse than talk talk.

I have now changed providers to EE and when the post office were informed they decided to cut my Broadband off 5 days before the take over date off the new provider, but left my phone on. When I contacted customer services regarding this they were unwilling to correct their mistake.
    Last edited by pinkladyvenus; 14-10-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge member 437
    • MairiC
    • By MairiC 16th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MairiC
    • 16th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    Beware the Post Office
    • 16th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    I haven't had broadband for 6 weeks and the PO have been appallingly bad at fixing this. I won't go into everything that happened here as I have still to write the whole sorry story up in my own post but needless to say that they are totally incompetent. I have spent 10s of hours on the phone, been lied to about what they were going to do about the problem and 3 engineer visits only to get my broadband back for 1 night then it went down again. This took another 4 days to eventually fix.
    I am strongly advising everyone to go elsewhere for a broadband/phone deal. Plusnet and John Lewis have deals that are the same price or cheaper and won't cause you the hassle if anything goes wrong.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,692Posts Today

8,906Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin