Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • inkypinky999
    • By inkypinky999 10th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 144Posts
    • 79Thanks
    inkypinky999
    Help Postal PCN, BPA Member - NCP
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    Help Postal PCN, BPA Member - NCP 10th Oct 17 at 11:02 PM
    Hello,

I have read the newbie thread on Parking charge notice.

I got my notice on 02/10/17 in post from NCP, the notice was issued on 27/09/2017 with date of offence 09/09/1977, they have provided photographic evidence of car entering the parking and car leaving the parking 19 minutes apart. They are demanding £100.00 (or £60.00 if paid in 14 days)

How shall I approach to handle this situation?, the facts is that I entered the car park but didn't parked in a bay and waited outside bay for my family to come and we then went, the wait would have been around 15-20 min.

As per newbie thread are these the right steps

Step 1. Check if NCP is BPA registered - YES

Step 2. Online Appeal to them as per template provided

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. [MY PCN Number]

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

[My Name as Keeper & Address]

My question is when should I send this appeal, now or wait for day 26 to submit the appeal ?

any help/guidance much appreciated.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Oct 17, 11:11 PM
    • 3,994 Posts
    • 2,266 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:11 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:11 PM
    My question is when should I send this appeal, now or wait for day 26 to submit the appeal ?
    Originally posted by inkypinky999
    Send it when you like. There is no point in delaying when it's not a windscreen PCN.
    • inkypinky999
    • By inkypinky999 10th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    inkypinky999
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:14 PM
    Send it when you like. There is no point in delaying when it's not a windscreen PCN.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    thank you Keith, I will submit it online tomm. [& keep screenshots for records], also as I have not identified the driver , do I need to mention the fact about

"waiting in car park and not using the parking bay" ?

regards,
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 3,994 Posts
    • 2,266 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 11:18 PM
    thank you Keith, I will submit it online tomm. [& keep screenshots for records], also as I have not identified the driver , do I need to mention the fact about

"waiting in car park and not using the parking bay" ?

regards,
    Originally posted by inkypinky999
    Send the blue template just as it is.

I would suggest that 'waiting in the car park' is parking.

Thus parking 'not in a bay' is probably not what you want to say.

Do not feed them with any information.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-10-2017 at 12:41 AM.
    • inkypinky999
    • By inkypinky999 13th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    inkypinky999
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    thanks I have sent the appeal day before yesterday and now awaiting decision. Will keep posted here on what is the outcome
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

267Posts Today

1,543Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin