Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NahteSarrip
    • By NahteSarrip 10th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    NahteSarrip
    Brittania CAr Park Fine Slough
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:40 PM
    Brittania CAr Park Fine Slough 10th Oct 17 at 1:40 PM
    I have read the newbie thread, just to confirm I am going to use the below template to appeal to this £100 fine:

Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ....................

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the car.

I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs were not seen by the driver, are in very small print and the terms are not readable to drivers.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

Should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause, please take this as formal notice that I reserve the right to sue your company and the landowner/principal, for a sum not less than £250 for any Data Protection Act breach. Your aggressive business practice and unwarranted threat of court for the ordinary matter of a driver using my car without causing any obstruction nor offence, has caused significant distress to me.

I do not give you consent to process data relating to me or this vehicle. I deny liability for any sum at all and you must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA. You are required to respond within 21 days. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Please advise if I am correct to go forward with this.

Thank you.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 40,416 Posts
    • 80,738 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    It is not a fine. If you think otherwise then you need to read the NEWBIES again in more detail.

This thread is for information only, not a place for asking questions. If you need help after reading the NEWBIES you should start your own thread, not post here.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 7,671 Posts
    • 7,748 Thanks
    pogofish
    I have read the newbie thread,
    Originally posted by NahteSarrip
    You quite clearly have not!

Now read it again, properly and remember that you also agreed to not hijack threads - so start your own!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 10th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 59,287 Posts
    • 42,024 Thanks
    soolin
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    I've moved this to its own thread rather than on the newbies information thread.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 10th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    claxtome
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:24 PM
    The template is for BPA AOS members, not IPC, which you can check by looking at BPA website if Britannia is a member of>
    http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

You need to make sure you are sending the first stage appeal at the right time after fateful day.
    NEWBIE post tells you when to appeal to Private Parking Company (PPC) depending if it was a postal Notice to Keeper (NTK) or attached to windscreen Parking Charge Notice (PCN).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,298Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin