Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Oct 17, 8:26 PM
    • 40,512Posts
    • 80,904Thanks
    Fruitcake
    The Police are now actively investigating Smart Parking / Debt Recovery Plus
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:26 PM
    The Police are now actively investigating Smart Parking / Debt Recovery Plus 10th Oct 17 at 8:26 PM
    According to a councillor as reported in the thread here by trisontana.

See the comments after the article.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73244054#post73244054

"On another note related to this story the Police are now actively investigating Smart Parking / Debt Recovery Plus for offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and the banks are also actively investigating the payments made to Smart and DRP under section 75 of the consumer credit act. The fightback continues."
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Oct 17, 8:49 PM
    • 6,458 Posts
    • 8,272 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:49 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:49 PM
    According to a councillor as reported in the thread here by trisontana.

See the comments after the article.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73244054#post73244054

"On another note related to this story the Police are now actively investigating Smart Parking / Debt Recovery Plus for offences under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and the banks are also actively investigating the payments made to Smart and DRP under section 75 of the consumer credit act. The fightback continues."
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Fingers crossed
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 10th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 60,965 Posts
    • 356,083 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    So they should - it's shocking the way that industry's developed.

99% of people are happy to pay for their parking; they pay in good faith... then are "tricked" or "trapped" by some small print, a misunderstanding, or an unexpected occurrence/event that prevents them returning to their vehicle within the timeframe they genuinely envisaged/intended.

By all means find a way to punish those with no intention of paying for parking, but the whole business plan's utterly ridiculous.

In all honesty - I genuinely do not go out and park my car these days as I am too petrified of "getting it unintentionally wrong" and getting a fine I can't afford because I didn't understand, or didn't see that bit, or wasn't sure ... or something.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

268Posts Today

1,536Users online

Martin's Twitter