Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sillysod_2000
    • By sillysod_2000 10th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sillysod_2000
    UKPC Parking Charge - permit held but not displayed
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:09 PM
    UKPC Parking Charge - permit held but not displayed 10th Oct 17 at 7:09 PM
    I found these forums too late to follow exact advice from the stickies as I'd already taken some actions, so just seeking advice on how to proceed from my current position please...

I live in a block of flats with unassigned permit-holder parking bays, for which I have a permit. My car was ticketed early AM on 6th July when it was parked it in one of the bays but I'd forgotten to put the permit on the dash. They were asking for £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days. I appealed to UKPC within a few days along with a photograph of my permit. I received an automated confirmation of the appeal but never received a response to the appeal itself.

Disappointingly, the signage is actually very clear and prominent in this car park, although I am certainly no expert on the legality of the wording etc.

On 19th September I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. (DRP) saying they had been appointed by UKPC to collect payment of £160. I was actually away on holiday at the time but on 3rd October I called DRP and spoke to a particularly unhelpful lady who said that UKPC had emailed me with a rejection of my appeal and a "good-will offer" of £15 to settle. When I told her I had never received such an email she told me to lodge a complaint with Royal Mail (!?) but that I would still have to pay the £160 or face court action. When I asked for contact details for UKPC to discuss the matter, she said she could not give them to me and that would not speak to me anyway as the case had been handed over to DRP.

I've since had two further "Notices of intended court action" from DRP (dated 3rd and 4th Oct) to which I have not responded.

Should I be appealing through POPLA (once I've got my code from either DRP or UKPC), or am I still at the stage where a strong, well written letter/email to UKPC might get this all cancelled?
    Am I right in assuming that since I appealed (too) early, I shouldn't be expecting or waiting for an NTK?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 2,588 Posts
    • 3,849 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:23 PM
    Welcome to the scam private parking industry.
    If you had read the newbies thread you would know not to phone debt collectors, they are liars and scamming muppets.
    Debt Recovery Plus can't take you to court and they haven't said that have they?

You won't get a NTK as you have appealed and outed yourself as the driver.
    You won't get a POPLA code as they will say you have missed the boat.

The bit about Royal Mail and the lost email is confusing.

You could complain to The BPA about not receiving the Email or mail from UKPC but they will side with the Parking company.

The real issue is what your lease or letting agreement says about parking terms and conditions not what some scamming parking company puts up on a board.

You should also be make noises to whoever contracted UKPC to get this cancelled, the theory is they are there to protect your rights not harass you.

Other than this you are really in ignore mode now unless you get real court papers come through.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 10-10-2017 at 7:29 PM.
    • sillysod_2000
    • By sillysod_2000 10th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sillysod_2000
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:39 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I wish I'd found the good advice here sooner!

No, DRP's letters have said they will recommend UKPC take court action against me, not that they will themselves.

I will get in touch with my letting agent and see what they can tell me about the parking T&C's and who contracted UKPC so that I can complain to them too.

Thanks again.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 6,477 Posts
    • 8,308 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 8:31 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I wish I'd found the good advice here sooner!

No, DRP's letters have said they will recommend UKPC take court action against me, not that they will themselves.

I will get in touch with my letting agent and see what they can tell me about the parking T&C's and who contracted UKPC so that I can complain to them too.

Thanks again.
    Originally posted by sillysod_2000
    DRP are probably now the biggest timewasters in the UK

DRP recommend court action against you ???? TOTAL RUBBISH

What they are saying to UKPC .... DRP FAILED
    Forget the DRP rubbish

UKPC .... the parking cowboys who fake pictures and got
    banned from the DVLA database

Your letting agent needs to know all about UKPC
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=UKPC
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,209Posts Today

5,597Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin