Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CommyTooper
    • By CommyTooper 10th Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 11Thanks
    CommyTooper
    Is there better 'value' retirement alternative?
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:11 PM
    Is there better 'value' retirement alternative? 10th Oct 17 at 6:11 PM
    Sorry, I posted in the wrong place previously........does anybody read auto enrolment?
    My wife, 60 last year, is going to be short of years contributions with state retirement pension at 66. She will be able to buy in some years for a lump sum at 66, is this the best option.
    If not, then what are the alternatives. Thankyou.
    Live life .... juss like that
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    • 89,852 Posts
    • 55,447 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:33 PM
    .does anybody read auto enrolment?
    No. The board admin have had a number of requests to remove that section and have acknowledged these but it still remains in the list and continues to be a ghost town.

My wife, 60 last year, is going to be short of years contributions with state retirement pension at 66. She will be able to buy in some years for a lump sum at 66, is this the best option.
    Nearly always a good option.

(and this question is nothing to do with auto-enrolment - just to add to your previous posting woe!)
    • OldMusicGuy
    • By OldMusicGuy 10th Oct 17, 7:44 PM
    • 130 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    OldMusicGuy
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:44 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:44 PM
    My wife is six years short and will be buying the missing years. It makes a lot of sense to us as we have the money and it will help her financial security in later life.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,402Users online

Martin's Twitter