Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Razza1234
    • By Razza1234 10th Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Razza1234
    Confused Newbie!
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:05 PM
    Confused Newbie! 10th Oct 17 at 6:05 PM
    Hi everyone,

I recieved a windscreen PCN from Met parking services in the southgate car park in stansted 27 days ago. Today I contested that PCN using the template found in the Newbie post on this site. Very quickly, a couple of hours after I submitted it, I recieved a reply from Met parking services. I assume their response is just a basic letter sent to anyone that appeals, it says:

Thank you for your correspondence received 10th October 2017 in regards to Parking Charge Notice XXXXXXXXX.
    Having carefully considered your correspondence we have decided to reject your appeal for the following reasons:
    The terms and conditions of use of the car park are clearly stated on signs prominently displayed in this area. These include that the car park is for the use of Southgate Park customers while they are on the premises only, that McDonald's is not on Southgate Park and that there is no free parking for McDonald's. Your vehicle was recorded parked at this location while the occupants left the site therefore we believe the charge notice was issued correctly and we are upholding it. We note your reference to Section 10 of the Data Protection Act and advise you that the motrist consented to us obtaining and using the data on parking at this location and we may retain and use this data in order to pursue payment of the outstanding charge.
    This decision, which has been based on the facts of the case and takes into account our consideration of any mitigating circumstances, is our final decision.
    You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure and you now have a number of options:
    1. Pay or, if you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the incident, request the driver to pay the Parking

Charge Notice at the prevailing price of £100.
    2. Make an appeal to POPLA, the Independent Appeals Service, within 28 days of the date of this letter by going to the online appeals system at: poplac website using verification code: xxxxxxxxxx Please note that POPLA will consider the evidence of both parties and make their decision based upon the facts and application of the relevant law. Please note that if you opt to appeal to POPLA and should POPLA’s decision NOT go in your favour you will be required to pay the full amount of £100. By law we are also required to inform you that Ombudsman Services (ombudsman website) provides an alternative dispute resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such should you wish to appeal then you must do so to POPLA as explained above.
    3. If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed with Court action.
    Yours sincerely
    Appeals Department
    MET Parking Services Ltd

So I am planning on doing a POPLA appeal based on something a previous user has submitted but I am not sure it is appropriate. I haven't recieved a NTK through the post yet, should I wait for that or get the appeal in with POPLA before hand? Will I win this or not? shall I just use the previously used one for southgate stansted and edit to apply to me? Also on the website when I logged in to appeal it they had images of the inside of starbucks as well as a "Survey" showing I was not in starbucks, does this change anything?

Your help would really be appreciated!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th Oct 17, 6:14 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 16,998 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:14 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:14 PM
    You need to wait for your code before doing the popla appeal

Take time to study the newbies faq to understand all this and clear your confusion

Then construct your appeal and post it fro comments

No rush!!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 15,934 Posts
    • 19,960 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    as you have a popla code, start drafting your popla appeal, based on similar 2017 appeals by other members here

they have to prove their case, so dont tell em anything at all, just query all their "proof" etc

the NEWBIES sticky thread will help you draft a popla appeal

if the driver was not revealed, stay that way, as keeper (so its irrelevant what the driver did or didnt do)

upload the appeal as a pdf to the popla site choosing OTHER in about 28 days time, to see if an NTK arrives or not

you may need to tweak the appeal depending on if the NTK arrives (or not)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Razza1234
    • By Razza1234 10th Oct 17, 6:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Razza1234
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:32 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:32 PM
    Ok guys, so I have a popla appeal number and will now wait to see if a NTK arrives and in about 28 days will post a popla appeal on to the popla site. Before doing that I will post an appeal here to see if it is ok and that will be based on wether or not I have the NTK!

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,001Posts Today

7,962Users online

Martin's Twitter