Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • theironlady
    • By theironlady 10th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    theironlady
    At my wits end with Lloyds
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    At my wits end with Lloyds 10th Oct 17 at 4:56 PM
    Hoping for some help - newbie here. 12 months ago I enlisted the help of a PPI reclaim company - they contacted Lloyds and they identified PPI on 5 loans over a period of time. Lloys wouldn't give any more help than that. The reclaim company contacted me and asked me to speak to Lloyds to obtain dates - they gave me all of the account numbers. I wrote to Lloyds with no response. At the time I was newly pregnant with a health issue which led to me being hospitalised for three months and having a very premature baby. 12 months on the reclaim company stopped attempting to get hold of me. I wrote to Lloyds and then followed up with a call. In the first instance the representative referred to the letter I had written and asked had I sent it recorded ....she also referred to the fact that originally a reclaim company had contacted. When I responded and said I hadn't sent it recorded she laughed and said 'sorry we didn't receive it'
    Annoyed I terminated the call. re-wrote a letter and listed my reasons for mis-selling , listed the account numbers and sent it recorded mail. It was signed for a week ago with a scribble but where the name should be printed it simply says 'Lloyds tsb'
    I've called this afternoon to be told yet again they don't have it....what should I do? I don't have the dates - only the account numbers. So frustrating!
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 89,878 Posts
    • 56,549 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 5:17 PM
    re-wrote a letter and listed my reasons for mis-selling , listed the account numbers and sent it recorded mail. It was signed for a week ago with a scribble but where the name should be printed it simply says 'Lloyds tsb'
    Ironically, using recorded mail for complaints seems to result in problems for delivery as the postal address for Lloyds is
    Lloyds Bank, Customer Services, BX1 1LT.

That is a PO Box and not a physical office/branch. Any recorded mail is effectively self-signed and gets stuck in the general mail pile. This can lead to it going around the houses for a while before getting to where it is meant to go. Indeed, this one looks like it wasnt signed for by a Lloyds Bank employee as LloydsTSB no longer exists. It was probably signed by the postal office.

What address did you use to send it to Lloyds?
    Did you keeep a copy? (which you could use to send to them again using normal mail or email it to them - they have an online complaint form which makes things really easy).

I don't have the dates - only the account numbers.
    You dont need the dates. The claims company mislead you there.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 10th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    • 7,168 Posts
    • 5,159 Thanks
    -taff
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    Fill in their online form?

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/retail/contact_us/ppi-complaint-submission-form.asp
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,398Posts Today

7,666Users online

Martin's Twitter