Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WelshMadness
    • By WelshMadness 10th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    WelshMadness
    Zero contract and paid holidays?
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:27 PM
    Zero contract and paid holidays? 10th Oct 17 at 4:27 PM
    Hi,
    I have been employed with a zero contract since June 2016.My hourly rate is £8.20.I have been under the impression as since itís a zero contract Iím not entitled to paid holiday leave.I have now been given a new contract to sign saying Iím entitled to 0.1208hours paid holiday leave per hour worked.But my hourly rate has been dropped to £7.50?!?
    So my question is have I always been entitled to holiday pay?If so can I get it back dated and are they allowed to just decrease my wages now they are giving me holiday pay?
Page 1
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 10th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 1,044 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:33 PM
    It depends if you were previously simply paid 12.07% on top of your salary as holiday pay
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 10th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 4,176 Posts
    • 6,866 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:48 PM
    It depends if you were previously simply paid 12.07% on top of your salary as holiday pay
    Originally posted by Comms69
    In most circumstances that would be unlawful. Rolled up holiday pay is generally against the law.

That said, the employer would have an argument to say that they didn't realise that and have now corrected it, but have actually paid the holiday pay. So unless the OP had some evidence that they were paid without holiday pay included, it would get very messy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,404Posts Today

7,313Users online

Martin's Twitter