Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FDizbo0312
    • By FDizbo0312 10th Oct 17, 3:58 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FDizbo0312
    Court Claim received from UKCPS
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:58 PM
    Court Claim received from UKCPS 10th Oct 17 at 3:58 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm aware there's a lot of information about this on here already, but the newbies section only goes up to LBCCCs and its a bit confusing if im honest.

I've had a number of parking tickets from UKCPS for overstaying in a free carpark. I've taken the usual advice of ignore ignore ignore, but today I've received a Court Claim form demanding £175 off me for one of the tickets. As far as I'm aware there's about 3 others at this stage too.

I'm considering a defence regarding their poor signage, but is anyone able to guide me a bit more regarding this? First time its ever happened and as there's other tickets from them reaching this stage I'm a bit uncertain how to proceed.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Oct 17, 4:03 PM
    • 16,938 Posts
    • 21,078 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:03 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:03 PM
    firstly, post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread deals with court claims and defences

it even has a link to the BARGEPOLE faq on the steps required, including AOS

so it goes a lot further than LBC stages , and its a lot less confusing than it would be if it was blank, devoid of any info at all (what would you do then I might ask ?)

once AOS has been done you draft a legal argument defence similar to any recent 2017 defence that you find (for any ppc, but look at Gladstones ones in particular)

once you have a draft , post it on here for critique

there are scores of 2017 threads on here about ongoing and concluded court cases that you can crib from, several on every page in fact (this is currently page 1 of thousands of pages)

ignore anything that isnt from 2017

also bear in mind the recent protocols that came in on oct 01 2017 , so if your claim is dated october 2017 then the new protocols are in effect

read the claxtome thread thread for starters, as it has guidance about this

I will also start you off with one recent ongoing claim from another IPC member

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5698354

you can maybe adapt it to suit ????

ps:- POOR SIGNAGE will be one of many defence arguments
    Last edited by Redx; 10-10-2017 at 4:15 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,316Posts Today

7,605Users online

Martin's Twitter