Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 10th Oct 17, 3:27 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 19Thanks
    MSE Callum
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Monarch refunds: 'I got £175 back in just three days'
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:27 PM
    0 WOW
    MSE News: Monarch refunds: 'I got £175 back in just three days' 10th Oct 17 at 3:27 PM
    The first reclaim successes from passengers hit by the collapse of Monarch Airlines are already coming in, including a £175 refund which took just three days....
    Read the full story:
    'Monarch refunds: 'I got £175 back in just three days''

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 11th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    • 18,194 Posts
    • 7,489 Thanks
    richardw
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:28 AM
    In other news....

'1000s resisted Monarch's ludicrously low fares and avoided having their trips being disrupted and the higher cost of re-booking'

'Will Visa and Mastercard raise their fees to merchants to re-coup s75 payouts? Institute of studies mumbles something about inflation and higher costs for all'
    Last edited by richardw; 11-10-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 2,766 Posts
    • 1,716 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:50 AM
    In other news....

'1000s resisted Monarch's ludicrously low fares and avoided having their trips being disrupted and the higher cost of re-booking'

'Will Visa and Mastercard raise their fees to merchants to re-coup s75 payouts? Institute of studies mumbles something about inflation and higher costs for all'
    Originally posted by richardw
    I wouldnít say their fares were ludicrously low. Often quite the opposite. Yes they had to compete with the Ryanairís and easyJetís of the world so some base fares on competeting routes were low but on the whole they sold within usual market fares.

Back on topic Iíve had a credit to my account within 4 days with Amex. And a snail mail letter arrived today, air mail from Florida to confirm my dispute. I thought that was a bit much, talking of card companies costs...
    • lea2012
    • By lea2012 11th Oct 17, 7:52 PM
    • 616 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    lea2012
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:52 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 7:52 PM
    My husband had a flight out to Spain booked with monarch to see family, got his £240 back within 3 days. It wasn't a ludicrously low price for winter season but it went to the airport he wanted. Now monarch have gone he'll need to fly to a different airport and drive 45 minutes longer on arrival. New flight was £80 cheaper though so i suppose every cloud has a silver lining and all that!
    Lea :confused:
    • eghamhigh
    • By eghamhigh 11th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eghamhigh
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    Woohoo. Got my money back
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    Logged in to my John Lewis MasterCard account and the money was credited to the account on 10th October. All £136.80. Excellent result
    • bagand96
    • By bagand96 12th Oct 17, 11:06 AM
    • 2,766 Posts
    • 1,716 Thanks
    bagand96
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:06 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:06 AM
    And this is why paying on a credit card and having Section 75 protection is unbeatable.

Compare it to waiting months for an ATOL refund, or all of those having the runaround with PayPal because they’re outside their 180 days rule.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,035Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter