Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • braduk2k
    • By braduk2k 10th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    braduk2k
    Vodafone Incompetence - Stopping me Get a Mortgage
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    Vodafone Incompetence - Stopping me Get a Mortgage 10th Oct 17 at 3:26 PM
    Account Number: 7022233796

Trying to get a mortgage.
    Vodafone has screwed that up…

I now have an unfair Default on my account when I was promised it was closed and paid up in March. Subsequent late payments have been added to file and a default. Even though I have had various discussions between then and various false promises it had been resolved.
    • Told on 20th of March 2017 account was complete and up to date
    • Seen Vodafone on WATCHDOG in June for this same issue about not updating credit files correctly - Called up. Told was balance outstanding but could see was!there!issue. Would be cleared and email sent to Credit Report Department to Fix. LIES
    • Webchat on 28th of June 2017 also - call record allegedly lost
    • August got an email from Debt Collection agency
    • Called again on 2nd of September 2017. Had to make a payment. Twice told was!there!error.
    • Promised a call back from Manager to confirm credit file had been fixed due to Vodafone error

DETAILS CAPTURED OF CALL BACK THAT NEVER HAPPENED:
    > Call Handler Huda Aladin
    > Billing Department - Egypt
    > Call Request - ID: 1-7chyjqm5!
    > Manager Name who promised call back - Huda Hassan

NO CALL BACK EVER PROVIDED
    • - Today 10th October - 1 hour in Vodafone store again, no progress. No credit file remediation

As of today 10th of October 2017 I have an unfair Default now on Credit File. When should have been marked as Closed in!March. £32

All as per WATCHDOG episode outlined with outlined with countless people having the same issue.

Also Ex Vodafone Employee.
    Now I CANNOT GET MORTGAGE.
    SHAMEFUL. NEED FIXING TODAY

My credit file needs updating to reflect the information I was advised in March when closing the account, that the balance was up to date and no further charges would be incurred. Feel free to review the call logs. Requested this once already for the call in June. Told call logs lost. How very convenient… For Vodafone

Thanks a lot. Great way to treat an ex Employee and previously loyal customer…
    Last edited by braduk2k; 10-10-2017 at 3:29 PM.
Page 1
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 10th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 7,509 Posts
    • 2,355 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:00 PM
    A rant won't get you anywhere. Contact the WRT as advised endlessly on the main Vodafone Complaints Thread.
    • braduk2k
    • By braduk2k 10th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    braduk2k
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:10 PM
    I tried with the WRT code that I found but it does not work...
    • d123
    • By d123 10th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    • 6,739 Posts
    • 4,302 Thanks
    d123
    • 10th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    I tried with the WRT code that I found but it does not work...
    Originally posted by braduk2k
    You don’t “find” WRT codes, you follow the instructions in the complaints thread and then post your specific WRT code that you receive into this thread.
    ====
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 10th Oct 17, 5:05 PM
    • 7,509 Posts
    • 2,355 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Have you tried clearing your cookies and/or using a different browser? Sometimes that can cause problems. The WRT can't do anything unless you contact them using that method. You have to do via the repeated link and that generates a new refernce number.
  • Vodafone
    • 16th Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    • 16th Oct 17, 3:34 PM
    Hi braduk2k,

I've just replied to you here.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

2,781Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin