Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soul_fool
    • By soul_fool 10th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    soul_fool
    Recommended SIPP platform
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    Recommended SIPP platform 10th Oct 17 at 3:26 PM
    Hi All,

I have 2 old workplace pensions from previous jobs that I no longer pay into and I would like to amalgamate them by transferring them into a SIPP. I am keeping my current pension as is and will continue to pay into that monthly (15% combined contribution between me and my employer).

The value of the 2 pensions I'd like to transfer is around £115k and I'd like to have them in one place as well as have access to a wider range of investment options. The 2 that stand out for me are Hargreaves Lansdown and Interactive Investor. The 0.45% charge for HL is a bit off-putting though given the size of my pot - although they do have a vast array of investments and excellent customer service.

I am 41 and would like to retire at around 65, give or take a couple of years. My thoughts at the moment are to grow the SIPP as much as possible through sensible asset allocation and use that as drawdown, whilst gradually increasing the contributions to my workplace pension and using that to buy an annuity.

Is anyone planning something similar or have advice regarding SIPP platforms?

Many thanks.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th Oct 17, 4:07 PM
    • 89,851 Posts
    • 55,457 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:07 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:07 PM
    although they do have a vast array of investments
    They have no more or no less than every other SIPP.

HL has good software. That is its main selling point. Investment choice is irrelevant because if it is a SIPP.
    • MoneyGeoff
    • By MoneyGeoff 10th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    MoneyGeoff
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:17 PM
    What are the fees on your current workplace pension? Do they accept transfer ins?
    • pip895
    • By pip895 10th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    pip895
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    I am looking at opening an iWeb SIPP (administered through AJ Bell) the charges seem VERY low. £180/anum and a £60 transfer in fee. They do charge £5/trade though.

iWeb have updated their software and it is much better than it was - I assume the SIPP will use the same interface.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

2,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin