Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • McClane54
    • By McClane54 10th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 217Posts
    • 56Thanks
    McClane54
    Can I get free Cavity Wall insulation ?
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    Can I get free Cavity Wall insulation ? 10th Oct 17 at 3:24 PM
    Hi

My Gas and electic is currently with Iresa and it doesn't look like they offer anything, as they are new.

but are there any companys etc I can apply for to get free cavity wall insulation? 2 adults and 2 children, 1 working below 23k

Any help or advice would be great
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 10th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 3,690 Posts
    • 1,469 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/free-cavity-loft-insulation#freeinsulation
    • McClane54
    • By McClane54 11th Oct 17, 9:22 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    McClane54
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:22 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 9:22 AM
    Thank you mate, looks like NPOWER say they can give me free loft and wall. would I have to be a customer of thiers? I take it I do.
    • RedMonty
    • By RedMonty 11th Oct 17, 11:11 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    RedMonty
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:11 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:11 AM
    Thank you mate, looks like NPOWER say they can give me free loft and wall. would I have to be a customer of thiers? I take it I do.
    Originally posted by McClane54
    If you read the article that footyguy kindly linked to again, it says these offers are open to all, customers or not.

Note to all: the two main open-to-all offers are from E.ON and NPOWER. I've researched which company has the better customer service as I don't want to be stuck with a mess if something goes balls up - after all, I'm not the one paying the contractor for this service.

Both are pretty dire, but E.ON is way, way above NPower in the customer service rankings. NPower tends to come bottom of every survey while E.ON is about midtable.

I've just booked a survey for my free (I hope) cavity wall insulation from E.ON.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 11th Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 672 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 11th Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    I'm sure there have been recent reports advising people NOT to get CWI as it can cause damp due to lack of ventilation.
    • McClane54
    • By McClane54 11th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    McClane54
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:01 PM
    is that true? I thought damp was all down to poor rendering and damp proofing on the outside walls?
    • RedMonty
    • By RedMonty 11th Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    RedMonty
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    I'm sure there have been recent reports advising people NOT to get CWI as it can cause damp due to lack of ventilation.
    Originally posted by bertiewhite
    is that true? I thought damp was all down to poor rendering and damp proofing on the outside walls?
    Originally posted by McClane54
    Also addressed in the link given above, which I repeat here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/free-cavity-loft-insulation#freeinsulation
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,544Posts Today

9,339Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin