Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Checkingitsafe
    • By Checkingitsafe 10th Oct 17, 2:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Checkingitsafe
    Card Protection
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:09 PM
    Card Protection 10th Oct 17 at 2:09 PM
    Hi,
    I have a "Card Protection" policy with a well known organisation. It's the kind that you register all your cards, passport and so on - if they get lost/stolen they'll do all the cancellations and replacements for you.
    I'm not sure if this approach is necessary. What I'm most concerned about is Identity Theft. Apart from signing up to Experian for a monthly fee, is there any other way to watch out/protect my identity? I'm aware of good practice with using credit cards and online shopping etc.
    Any helpful comments would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 10th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 1,239 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:22 PM
    The process for cancelling credit cards because they're lost and stolen are usually pretty clear and I'd not be paying for that.

I have similar cover as part of a packaged account and have my passport registered on that along with my partners but I wouldn't have paid for the account just for that (The mobile phone cover however, was cheaper than anywhere else, the rest was a bonus).

Also, you get no identity theft protection by paying Experian. And you can keep up with your credit files for free via the MSE Credit Club, ClearScore and Noddle to cover all 3.
    • Checkingitsafe
    • By Checkingitsafe 10th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Checkingitsafe
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    Thanks for this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,982Posts Today

7,361Users online

Martin's Twitter