Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donk
    • By donk 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    donk
    car wow
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:42 PM
    car wow 10th Oct 17 at 1:42 PM
    has anyone used car wow are they any good
Page 1
    • Lucky Duck
    • By Lucky Duck 10th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Lucky Duck
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    I recently put a deposit down on a new car having got the dealer's quotation through them.

Apart from that so far it has been the same as buying any other car
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 10th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 10,149 Posts
    • 7,097 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    has anyone used car wow are they any good
    Originally posted by donk
    At the end of the day they simply facilitate quotes from a number of main dealers who you'll then deal directly for the purchase of your car.
    • nomoneytoday
    • By nomoneytoday 10th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 2,845 Thanks
    nomoneytoday
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    Thumbs up here
    • almillar
    • By almillar 11th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 7,069 Posts
    • 2,828 Thanks
    almillar
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:11 PM
    I think they're excellent for getting a price from a main dealer, that you can then use to bash your local dealer over the head with. I'm in NI, and whilst I'm not adverse to a ferry trip for the best deal, if someone local can get within a few hundred of the best, it's worth taking. Quotes I got on a new Renault Zoe ZE40 went way down after asking around. A good way of shopping around, and the dealers on it are very quick and keen, in my experience. Certainly quicker than driving round dealerships.
    • zooks
    • By zooks 11th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    zooks
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:27 PM
    Also try Autoebid, Broadspeed, Drive the Deal etc
    Autoebid was the cheapest when I was looking but all these sites are good resources for taking the wind out of the car salesman's sails!
    • Stageshoot
    • By Stageshoot 11th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 536 Thanks
    Stageshoot
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    Have to agree

I ordered a ZOE via Carwow as well

Local dealers not interested didnt want to traipse around, dealing with disinterested dealers.

In the end struck a deal with a dealer 170 miles from home,

Car was a Zoe ZE40 Q90 Signature Nav, (Battery Owned) The OTR Price was £31k - £4.5k Govt EV Grant - £7.8k Dealer Discount bringing it down to £19.4k on the road

Due to be delivered next month, already had a £20 Amazon voucher for Carwow as a thank you for using them.

Would certainly use them again to work out discounts in future.
    Motor Insurance Claims Fraud Investigator.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

377Posts Today

3,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin