Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • burtons
    • By burtons 10th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 507Posts
    • 75Thanks
    burtons
    Breakdown cover renewal
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    Breakdown cover renewal 10th Oct 17 at 1:41 PM
    My rac breakdown cover is due for renewal so I'm thinking of going with start rescue but do they have their own recovery vehicles or do they only use local recovery firms. I would stick with the rac if the renewal price was cheaper but what I don't like about the rac is they use local recovery firms after a certain time.
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 10th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 1,832 Posts
    • 1,001 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    Start, use local garages.
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 10th Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    • 1,313 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    Tarambor
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 10:15 PM
    but what I don't like about the rac is they use local recovery firms after a certain time.
    Originally posted by burtons
    They all do in periods of high demand. What is it about them using a local garage you don't like? You are in fact more likely to get a qualified and time served apprentice trained mechanic coming out to you from a local garage than you are a recovery driver employed directly by the AA/RAC etc.
    • burtons
    • By burtons 11th Oct 17, 1:51 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    burtons
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:51 PM
    • 11th Oct 17, 1:51 PM
    What is it about them using a local garage you don't like?
    Originally posted by Tarambor
    Over the years I haven't found local garages to be much good. The last time I broke down the rac used a local garage and they told me my battery was dead but it turned out my head gasket was gone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,254Posts Today

8,901Users online

Martin's Twitter