Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • _Shevek_
    • By _Shevek_ 10th Oct 17, 1:16 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    _Shevek_
    Conveyancer in (East) Finchley? And anybody tried Conveyan (Foxtons)?
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:16 PM
    Conveyancer in (East) Finchley? And anybody tried Conveyan (Foxtons)? 10th Oct 17 at 1:16 PM
    Hello,

I have been browsing the forum thoroughly (which was extremely helpful in many other ways!) but I couldn't find advice for conveyancer in this area of London. (I checked Boulter and co but they don't work on a no completion no fee basis for leasehold).

Me and my wife just got our offer accepted for a property in East Finchley and need to appoint a solicitor. Our mortgage broker (in Alexander Hall) suggested one that I then found out being the internal one of Foxtons (it's call Conveyan). Despite of the bad reputation that Foxtons got, the solicitor was very efficient in sending us immediately a quote with a very detailed breakdown of how much each service would cost.

So I was pleased by that and could go with Conveyan. But the downside is that they are quite expensive. Legal fees with VAT are 1950 pounds and disbursements/other costs amount to extra 614.

So I was looking for other quotes but found nothing satisfactory so far. Cheap ones looked dodgy and I am struggling to find a correct balance between cheap and good service.

Do you have any recommendation? Being local to East Finchley is a plus.
    Moreover, did anybody have an experience with Conveyan?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Page 1
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 10th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 5,273 Posts
    • 4,911 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    Do you have any recommendation? Being local to East Finchley is a plus.
    Originally posted by _Shevek_
    FWIW, I recently got some quotes from solicitors for selling - some in London and some in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire for comparison.

The 'northern' solicitors fees' went as low as less than half the London solicitors' fees.

So I'm using one of the northern ones. So far, he seems far more responsive and far more friendly than the south-east solicitors I've used in the past. But it's still early days.

But some people feel more comfortable with a local solicitor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,843Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin