Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mikeizz
    • By mikeizz 10th Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 16Thanks
    mikeizz
    Victorian Plumbing faulty bath tap
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    Victorian Plumbing faulty bath tap 10th Oct 17 at 1:00 PM
    I purchased a waterfall bath tap from Victorian Plumbing in June 2014 which included a 10 year warranty on the product.

In August 2016 the screws which held it together came apart from the bottom and the thread in the tap had gone away which meant the screws could not be reattached and meaning water leaking out the bottom.

I contacted Victorian Plumbing and they said that i would get a new tap out to me to replace it.

Fast forward 12 months since the replacement has been in, and the tap has again the same fault as original.

Am i right in thinking that i can ask for a full refund for a faulty part? (the tap cost £80)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 10th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 6,929 Posts
    • 5,950 Thanks
    bris
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    No, you have had it over 3 years so if they do decide to give you a refund, which is very unlikely, it can be partial for the 3 years use you have had from it.

What they will most likely do is replace it under warranty.

If you don't want this they you need to prove it was inherently faulty form date of purchase (3 years ago not the replacement). You do this by getting an independent expert to write a report on why it failed and why it was present at time of purchase, just being faulty isn't enough. If they agree to the report then they reimburse the reasonable cost of this. If not then it's off to court.

Our 6 year rule sounds great, in reality it's a hassle.

The part you describe should have no moving parts, is it installed correctly, movement would be a culprit if it's not fitted properly.
    Last edited by bris; 10-10-2017 at 2:21 PM.
    • mikeizz
    • By mikeizz 10th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    mikeizz
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    No, you have had it over 3 years so if they do decide to give you a refund, which is very unlikely, it can be partial for the 3 years use you have had from it.

What they will most likely do is replace it under warranty.

If you don't want this they you need to prove it was inherently faulty form date of purchase (3 years ago not the replacement). You do this by getting an independent expert to write a report on why it failed and why it was present at time of purchase, just being faulty isn't enough. If they agree to the report then they reimburse the reasonable cost of this. If not then it's off to court.

Our 6 year rule sounds great, in reality it's a hassle.

The part you describe should have no moving parts, is it installed correctly, movement would be a culprit if it's not fitted properly.
    Originally posted by bris
    Thanks for the response.

The part that is faulty is basically 2 screws that are inserted into the bottom of the waterfall tap, which holds together an attachment in the middle of the tap which i assume it to stop the water from gushing everywhere.

I can only assume that over this year that water somehow wears away the thread in the tap as when i try and screw it back where it should be it just will not take. ( this happened first time also)

I will ring them up and see what they say!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

449Posts Today

4,725Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WhiskyOneIce: @MartinSLewis Changed my fuel from Britush Gas to Sainsburies yesterday via MSE site and saved £230 odd PA...Thanks ????????

• RT @rbp77: @MartinSLewis Interesting that Facebook facial recognition tech can't be put to use in recognising misuse of people's image in i?

• And yesterday Facebook put a quote out saying all the SCAM adverts with me in had been dealt with. Balderdash!? https://t.co/OrvsWKIJfJ

• Follow Martin